Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rupp I already had to do this quite some time ago. It is a pretty big pain in the but because:
    • Take notes for all the devices I enabled voice command
    • Bulk edit to remove voice commands from devices (that one is quick)
    • Take notes for all the events I enabled voice command. There aren't too many at this time but events don't have the voice/Alexa icon indicating if there are voice commands so I have to open every single event.
    • Remove voice commands from events. There is no bulk edit.
    • Add voice commands back to devices. Can be done with bulk edit so not too bad.
    • Add voice commands back to events. There is no bulk edit so it has to be done manually event by event.
    Apparently this is a known issue. I would be perfectly fine if someone at HS wants to get on my system to figure out what is going on. That way I won't have to do this a third time and others also don't have to do the same.

Comment

Before the nuclear option, I'd see if Sgt. Shultz can spot anything first...
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

PM me your license and I'll set up a user for you to add to your system so I can tie an Echo to your system and test the events. It may take a couple days before I can get to it.
        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
          If you come up against a wall trying to get this working, let me know and I will look at it for you.
          Same here at my dad's house - his Alexa integration was working but wouldn't find new devices, so I unlinked and removed his old devices and now it won't find any!

Comment

I went with the nuclear option and disabled voice on all devices then added them back one at a time. There are two devices that, when enabled, cause discovery to fall to find ANY other devices, including themselves.

Comment

shill Interesting.
              • Did you identify the two devices that made the discovery fail?
              • What do you mean with enable? Enable voice command, enable Alexa discover, both, something else?
              • Is this repeatable, i.e. you disable them and discovery work, enable them and discovery stops working?
              • What kind of devices were those?
              • Is there anything special about those devices?

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                I went with the nuclear option and disabled voice on all devices then added them back one at a time. There are two devices that, when enabled, cause discovery to fall to find ANY other devices, including themselves.
                Sgt. Shultz might be interested in this

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                  shill Interesting.
                  • Did you identify the two devices that made the discovery fail?
                  • What do you mean with enable? Enable voice command, enable Alexa discover, both, something else?
                  • Is this repeatable, i.e. you disable them and discovery work, enable them and discovery stops working?
                  • What kind of devices were those?
                  • Is there anything special about those devices?
                  Yes, I know which two break the discovery process. Through trial and error (enabling and disabling Alexa Discovery and local voice; the latter is probably unnecessary, but I was trying to keep the icons clean) I know it's repeatable. If I enable Alexa Discovery on one or more "good" devices and keep one of the "bad" ones also enabled, Alexa won't find anything. As soon as I turn off those options on the "bad" one, it discovers the other "good" ones it didn't see before.

One of the devices is a GE toggle dimmer, the other is a Homeseer PD-100 lamp module.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

Sgt. Shultz might be interested in this
                    Based on the behavior, my hunch is that Amazon is choking on the response from HS when it includes one of these devices. Does anyone know what the query looks like when discovery is sent to HS? I'd like to see what the response looks like...

Comment

Yes, I know which two break the discovery process. Through trial and error (enabling and disabling Alexa Discovery and local voice; the latter is probably unnecessary, but I was trying to keep the icons clean) I know it's repeatable. If I enable Alexa Discovery on one or more "good" devices and keep one of the "bad" ones also enabled, Alexa won't find anything. As soon as I turn off those options on the "bad" one, it discovers the other "good" ones it didn't see before.

One of the devices is a GE toggle dimmer, the other is a Homeseer PD-100 lamp module.
                      Interesting! Do you have multiple of those devices? Let's assume you have 10 GE toggle dimmers. Does only one of them cause the problem or do all GE toggle dimmers prevent the discovery?

Comment

Based on the behavior, my hunch is that Amazon is choking on the response from HS when it includes one of these devices. Does anyone know what the query looks like when discovery is sent to HS? I'd like to see what the response looks like...
                        You can enable json debugging and see the request come in. Search the board for json debugging.

Comment

You can enable json debugging and see the request come in. Search the board for json debugging.
                          See post Blogs https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...covery-failing

It appears that issue of Alexa not discovering devices/events is happening quite a bit. I wish HS would address this. Sgt. Shultz

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post

Interesting! Do you have multiple of those devices? Let's assume you have 10 GE toggle dimmers. Does only one of them cause the problem or do all GE toggle dimmers prevent the discovery?
                            There's only one of each of those in this house, sadly. I have several of the PD100s back home, but I use Google, not Amazon.

Comment

Yeah I've tried that but after I execute it, it just says "False" (don't know what it's supposed to say but that seems weird) and I never see any traffic in the logs.

Comment

Update: I removed the "bad" devices and included them again and the new versions of those devices were found successfully by Alexa. I took a backup of the system before I did that in case HST needs examples of this annoying problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X