Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you see something wrong here?

I am trying to use this with my ring camera motion and IFTTT

It works great, it just works all the time. It's ignoring the dusk device and the alarm state. What am I doing wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	145
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1579552

The Event will run whenever partition 1 is set to Armed Stay since there are no Conditions on that trigger. When it is manually Triggered, it depends on how you are Triggering it. If run from another Event the Conditions of Dusk to Dawn and Armed Away, will only be honored if specifically noted in the calling Event. How is it Triggered manually? If you are running it by IFTTT, you will need an intermediate Event called by IFTTT that in turn calls the above Event honoring Conditions. You will also need to add the same Conditions to the secondary trigger.
    HS4 Pro, Windows 10 pro

Comment

If you have an Amazon Echo device, it can use the Ring camera motion to start a routine that flips a virtual switch on, wait a bit, then turn off. You can then use that virtual switch turning on to trigger your event and conditions will be honored.

Comment

I think if I just trigger a virtual device rather then run the event direct from IFTTT then it will work how I want.

Comment

Working...
        X