Anyone have Twinkly.vb running on HS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have Twinkly.vb running on HS4?

This was running on HS3 but I moved to HS4 and the script is not creating the Twinkly device in HS4?

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...tom-animations

@Moskus​ is the author but he's not responding and xmas is almost here

thx

I got a new gen 2 tree a couple of weeks ago and didn't have any issues running the script in HS4. This was before Moskus revamped the first post per your request. Attached is the version of the script I ran (copied from his post at the time). I just had to put my IP address in the first line and run the script one time to create the device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	107
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1581245

Comment

Here is what I put in my event to run the script. After manually running this event one time, the device showed up under Location "Twinkly" and Group "Twinkly".

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	105
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1581248

Comment

I have copied the script to the attached file as Twinkly2022.txt which should be renamed to twinkly.vb as detailed in the next post by Randy. With HS4 version, you do not declare the IP address as it is set in the Device Type String after the device has been created.

HS4 Device created
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 8.55.26 am.png Views:	15 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	1581401
        Enter Twinkly IP Adress in Device Type String
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 8.56.18 am.png Views:	14 Size:	60.9 KB ID:	1581402
        Last edited by brientim; December 16, 2022, 10:05 PM. Reason: Updated the naming convention for the attached file, should be be used

Comment

brientim thank you! I must have looked the HS4 device pages 2000x in the last month... never noticed the Device Type String field was there!

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
            I have copied the script to the attached file as Twinkly2022.vb (txt). With this version, you do not declare the IP address as it is set in the Device Type String after the device has been created.

HS4 Device created
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 8.55.26 am.png Views:	15 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	1581401
            Enter Twinkly IP Adress in Device Type String
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 8.56.18 am.png Views:	14 Size:	60.9 KB ID:	1581402
            Finally it is working again. Thank you!

Be sure and rename twinkly2022.txt to twinkly.vb. The new device looks for twinkly.vb to control the tree.
            HS4 Pro, Windows 10 pro

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
              brientim thank you! I must have looked the HS4 device pages 2000x in the last month... never noticed the Device Type String field was there!
              Guys,

You are welcome and glad I could assist.

Ltek , please see randy post above that the script need to be renamed as twinkly.vb

Exract
              hs.WriteLog("Twinkly", "Added button 1: " & hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton(devID, "Movie", 101, "Twinkly.vb", "ButtonPress", "Movie", 1, 1, 1))

Merry Christmas

Comment

Working...
              X