Z-Seer+. Does it still exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Seer+. Does it still exist?

While Z-Seer+ still seems to be for sale here, I can't find a link to download it. Does anybody know the status of this software for HS4 Pro users?
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	316
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1581828
    Jon

Comment

Jon, I feel like an idiot. When I go to that link I don't see anything vaguely resembling the screen capture (although I think I do remember it). I have tried with three different browsers. Ooop....ooop... wait!

Just got it! I have to zoom the screen for HST so that I can read the blue mice-type and there is a point reached where everything from the bottom of "Mobile App Downloads" section to the top of the footer section disappears. For me, the break point is above 90%, where half the page disappears. No scroll bars and no warning. Thanks, I've got it now!
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

doe's it even work ?? I haven't used it for years due to it crashing all the time ..
        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
          doe's it even work ?? I haven't used it for years due to it crashing all the time ..
          I’ve used it for years to include and exclude several dozen devices without issue. It is my preferred interface over the HS3 and HS4 UI.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
            I’ve used it for years to include and exclude several dozen devices without issue. It is my preferred interface over the HS3 and HS4 UI.
            Z-Seer+ is a PC-based graphical Z-Wave network diagnostic application.

Z-Tool+ is a mobile application used for network inclusion/exclusion.

Comment

I use it regularly although it seems to have some problems with the 4.x beta Z-Wave plugin. I'm still running the 3.x plugin.
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                I use it regularly although it seems to have some problems with the 4.x beta Z-Wave plugin. I'm still running the 3.x plugin.
                I should note that I also remain on 3.0.11.0

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

Z-Seer+ is a PC-based graphical Z-Wave network diagnostic application.

Z-Tool+ is a mobile application used for network inclusion/exclusion.
                  Doh! Z-Seer+ never worked well for me so I quit trying.

I’ll go back to sleep now

Comment

If you change the 40 to a 41 in the download URL you get a version that seems to work better. I had a horrible time with the 40 version using the G3 SmarStick and v4 Z-Wave plugin.

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupZ-Seer_3_0_0_41.msi

Comment

The Z-Seer+ .41 version fixed one issue with Z-Wave v4.x. However issues still remain. With Z-Wave v4.x the red command route lines no longer display, but it does show you the number of hops to the interface... Unless you are also using a Z-Wave interface with the new 700 chip, then you won't get hop count either. HS support knows the issues exist and promise to fix it, but won't say when. Best bet is to stick with Z-Wave v3.x. Sadly I didn't.

Comment

I still cannot see the bottom area of the app. in Z-Seer
                        I have contacted HS and no fix was fix was offered.
                        Dan-O
                        HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
                          I still cannot see the bottom area of the app. in Z-Seer
                          I have contacted HS and no fix was fix was offered.
                          Yeah. I bought a Z-Seer+ license, tried it on HS4 with the latest Z-Wave V3 beta plugin, no route lines. I opened a ticket, was told to downgrade to the V3 production version plugin, that didn't help. I upgraded to Rich's latest Z-Wave V4 plugin. Z-Seer+ doesn't work at all. Was told to downgrade to the production version (grr). Did that, still didn't work right. I asked for a refund. I haven't seen a refund yet. I am not happy at all. It's one thing to have free plugins that are semi-reliable (cough cough Chromecast), but if they expect users to pay, then the software needs to be maintained and upgraded to align with the main HS4 and Z-Wave software. Furthermore, don't make your customers do the testing and troubleshooting. HST needs to either fix it or remove it from sale.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post

Yeah. I bought a Z-Seer+ license, tried it on HS4 with the latest Z-Wave V3 beta plugin, no route lines. I opened a ticket, was told to downgrade to the V3 production version plugin, that didn't help. I upgraded to Rich's latest Z-Wave V4 plugin. Z-Seer+ doesn't work at all. Was told to downgrade to the production version (grr). Did that, still didn't work right. I asked for a refund. I haven't seen a refund yet. I am not happy at all. It's one thing to have free plugins that are semi-reliable (cough cough Chromecast), but if they expect users to pay, then the software needs to be maintained and upgraded to align with the main HS4 and Z-Wave software. Furthermore, don't make your customers do the testing and troubleshooting. HST needs to either fix it or remove it from sale.
                            To try to collect more information on this can you tell me:

1) In Z-Seer+ do you see the "hop counts" in the upper-left corner of each device box?

2) What Z-Wave interface/controller are you using?
                            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

To try to collect more information on this can you tell me:

1) In Z-Seer+ do you see the "hop counts" in the upper-left corner of each device box?

2) What Z-Wave interface/controller are you using?
                              Hi Ken:

My current system is a Raspberry Pi 4B running Raspbian Buster , with HS4 Standard beta V4.2.16.0 and Z-Wave beta plugin V4.1.0.3 Z-Seer+ doesn't work at all with this version of the plugin. It displays a screen with only a box for my Smartstick+ G3. There are no hop counts displayed at all. Inside the box, it only says "Smartstick+ G3". Its log shows an error like this for every node: "Skipping device BedroomBed since its Z-Wave node ID is 0".

I realize that it's already known that Z-Seer+ doesn't work with this version of the Z-Wave plugin. Given that Rich has put all his effort into fixing/improving this version, I am not going to use any older versions (I don't want to go through any more messes downgrading or upgrading the plugin). I already documented that neither the V3 stable nor V4 stable Z-Wave plugins will product route lines, so overall, the program isn't working for me.

Also, perhaps this is a network issue, since Z-Seer+ is installed on a Windows PC and HS4 is on a RPi, but they are on the same LAN with no VLANs, and SSH from the Windows PC can connect to the RPi.

Comment

Working...
                              X