No announcement yet.

Z-Seer+. Does it still exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a problem just like this with Z-Seer+ 3.0.0.40 and the 4.x Z-Wave beta plugin. Have you tried .41 of Z-Seer+?

See the Forum post here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...startup-solved

EDIT: Routing Lines and Hop Counts appear to be 700 chip related. The G3 uses a 700 chip.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thanks for finding that discussion and the link! It's annoying that I wasn't told to try the beta by HST support, and that they don't make it easy to find it.

Anyhow, I uninstalled .40, deleted the installation and data directories, cleaned the registry, and then I installed the .41 beta. I also let it through Windows firewall (on my local network).

It now displays the blocks with no hop count, but no lines, thanks to my SmartStick+ G3. So I am the end of what I am willing to do (I am not going to downgrade anything). AFAIK, HST needs to fix this, given that they sell the hardware and the software.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-22 153439.png Views:	0 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	1582659

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post
        Thanks for finding that discussion and the link! It's annoying that I wasn't told to try the beta by HST support, and that they don't make it easy to find it.

Anyhow, I uninstalled .40, deleted the installation and data directories, cleaned the registry, and then I installed the .41 beta. I also let it through Windows firewall (on my local network).

It now displays the blocks with hop count, but no lines, thanks to my SmartStick+ G3. So I am the end of what I am willing to do (I am not going to downgrade anything). AFAIK, HST needs to fix this, given that they sell the hardware and the software.
        Actually, your screen is not showing the hop, which indicates it can't also show route lines. The hop count would be in the upper left of the node block, it will indicate either D for direct connection or a number indicating the hops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	199
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1582662

My advice is to open a trouble ticket in case you haven't already. I'm not sure calling support actually opens a ticket, if it does then reference that ticket #.
        Request a refund (reference the ticket #) if you purchased Z-Seer+ since it seems it does not work with HS supplied hardware as you indicated. ​

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Actually, your screen is not showing the hop, which indicates it can't also show route lines. The hop count would be in the upper left of the node block, it will indicate either D for direct connection or a number indicating the hops.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	12.8 KB ID:	1582662

My advice is to open a trouble ticket in case you haven't already. I'm not sure calling support actually opens a ticket, if it does then reference that ticket #.
          Request a refund (reference the ticket #) if you purchased Z-Seer+ since it seems it does not work with HS supplied hardware as you indicated. ​
          I did open a ticket, as I mentioned in post 13 above. At first, the suggestions were to downgrade the Z-Wave plugin from beta to production, and / or to change between the V3 and V4 plugins. After I did those tests and reported what happened, my ticket stopped being updated. I asked for a refund and I got no response. I didn't call them.

Comment

Email support@homeseer.com and firmly ask for a refund unless they can prove the product works with the G3 SmartStick that you are using.

Comment

Email support@homeseer.com and firmly ask for a refund unless they can prove the product works with the G3 SmartStick that you are using.
              Will do.

Comment

One thing I noted when I tried Z-Seer+, again, was that it would not accept my HS4 user/pass, but required the HS3 user/pass. I don't know what that means for people starting fresh with HS4, but it makes one wonder if the software will move forward or just fall by the wayside.

Admittedly, since the software is broken, it is a moot point.
                HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                Home Assistant 2024.3
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I find it crazy that so many people are having problem with this software and yet it still hasn't been fixed. From a number of posts, it's pretty clear that the routing display problems are related to the 700 chip used in the G3 stick and G3 Z-Net.
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                    I find it crazy that so many people are having problem with this software and yet it still hasn't been fixed. From a number of posts, it's pretty clear that the routing display problems are related to the 700 chip used in the G3 stick and G3 Z-Net.
                    Agree. This is typical of HST unfortunately (from my observations over the years) and the problem is compounded by people not opening tickets every single time (that way they can't claim they don't have the data) and thinking this forum is "official" support. I blame HST because they could easily put a banner at the top of the page reminding people that it's not an official support forum and here's the link to open a ticket.

Comment

Will do.
                      Follow-up: Matt issued me a refund. It is a shame that HST isn't making it a priority to maintain all of their currently-sold software.

Comment

Agree. This is typical of HST unfortunately (from my observations over the years) and the problem is compounded by people not opening tickets every single time (that way they can't claim they don't have the data) and thinking this forum is "official" support. I blame HST because they could easily put a banner at the top of the page reminding people that it's not an official support forum and here's the link to open a ticket.
                        I won't speak for anyone else, but if you read the full discussion, I DID open a ticket as soon as reached a dead-end troubleshooting it myself.

Comment

I won't speak for anyone else, but if you read the full discussion, I DID open a ticket as soon as reached a dead-end troubleshooting it myself.
                          No worries Steve, I wasn't speaking about you specifically. It was a general observation on how some things never seem to get fixed with Homeseer, even though anecdotal evidence in the forums seem to indicate a long term problem. This problem with Z-Seer+ has existed long before you reported it.

Glad you got some resolution, though it is disappointing as you stated that the software isn't actively maintained. If enough people started voting with their dollars and asking for refunds then I suspect that would get their attention.

Comment

No worries Steve, I wasn't speaking about you specifically. It was a general observation on how some things never seem to get fixed with Homeseer, even though anecdotal evidence in the forums seem to indicate a long term problem. This problem with Z-Seer+ has existed long before you reported it.

Glad you got some resolution, though it is disappointing as you stated that the software isn't actively maintained. If enough people started voting with their dollars and asking for refunds then I suspect that would get their attention.
                            Thanks. This could easily spin off into a separate discussion of HST as a business (what is their financial health, given that their hardware sales have diminished, and since their software isn't on a subscription model, how can they continue to earn enough revenue to pay staff to do software engineering, etc.). But, I will leave it at that.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Comment

I have been a member of this forum for over 20 years (yes, really, I didn't believe it either) and a HomeSeer user before that. As far as I can tell their basic business model has not changed much in all that time. As they always have, they provide a usable software product that meets my needs, and the needs of a customer base big enough to keep their business going. It has never been perfect, has always had annoying bugs and missing features, but it is good enough. An argument can be made that Windows is no different, just many orders of magnitude larger. I played around with z-seer+ when it came out, and bought a license. But I did not have a huge Z-Wave network and did not really need z-seer+. I have since migrated most of my devices to Zigbee.

Comment

I think a good documentation of the best practice of how to configure z-wave would be great, even having the software not allowing configuration that they do not work. I spend a large amount of time to get my z-wave up and running, see my few posts. It is unpredictable software, if I run the audit this note, it shows excellent results but when the event trigger the device is shiet in the pants. I was following anther group for blue iris, a user noted that there were lot of confusions about something, he wrote a nice documentation. If rich can do the same and post it on the top, I would be less confused. Thru endless reading, one post tells me to do this way, while the other another way. Yes I'm stuck with zwave but it could be better if someone would take initiative to write what the standards should be, it would eleminate 80% of the issues. I feel that having two z-net should do the job.
                                In regards of zplus, I agree, thanks to the other posts, you need to add the exe in the route of hs. When it runs, it makes the network worse instead of better, the last update was done in 2017. Remove it from the store or fix it, right now makes things worse.

My two cents

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X