Missing Plugins after move to new PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Plugins after move to new PC

I moved my HS4 Pro from my old server (Windows Server 12) to a new PC (Win11) and besides being a little sideways, got most everything working but all my plugins are missing. I added the zwave plugin to get things working but none of the rest are showing. I can see them in the config and data folders but not showing in the web interface.
    I've tried restarting HS4 a few times and nada...suggestions?
    Thanks!

If you didn’t do an entire HomeSeer directory structure, each plug-in will have to be reinstalled and the license confirmed. All the plug-in executables are in the HomeSeer root directory. If they are in place in the destination they will run with HS. The licenses are in another file in the \config directory.

Assuming your HomeSeer directory is under C:\Program Files (x86)\ in the old machine, install HS in the same location in the new machine. Then copy the entire HomeSeer directory structure from the old to the new machine, overwriting all files. It will run on the new machine exactly as it was on the old.
    HS4 Pro, Windows 10 pro

Comment

Exactly what I did, maybe a bad copy or it didn't overwrite. I'll give it another go, thanks!

Comment

Which exact plugins are you having issues with?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

I decided to uninstall HS on the new PC and start over as something wasn't right. I reinstalled HS4 and instead of doing a network copy from the old PC to the new one, I used a USB drive and sneaker net. Since to get to HS4 Pro is was progressive updates from 3 to 4 to 4 Pro, I copied the HS3 folder over the HS4 folder, probably overkill but whatever. After a quick update to settings.ini to correct the IP address and a quick reboot, everything seems to be working and where it needs to be. I guess the third times the charm.
          I knew it couldn't have been that difficult. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
          X