try to run HS4 on 64bit PiOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try to run HS4 on 64bit PiOS

I try to run HS4 on a RPi with 64 bits PiOS. I installed mono without problems but if I run ./go from the HS4 directory I get an error message:

Unhandled Exception:
    System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'HSConsole.My.MyProject:m_ComputerObjectProvider' (0) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'HSConsole.My.MyProject:m_ComputerObjectProvider' (0) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.​

Searching on the internet I found the suggestion that ASP.NET is missing.
    So I installed this as described in https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/iot/deployment

Without succes.

I think this is not a HomeSeer problem but something with RaspberryPi, but perhaps someone ran into the same problem here.

Anyone?

I've not tried PiOS, but see if your mono version is up to date. SSH to the Pi and "mono --version"

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	220
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1582512
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I have 6.8.0.105

If I do an install then the system responds with allready the latest vetrsion. Very strange because you have 6.12.

Name:	2022-12-22_154352.png
Views:	211
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1582523

If I do an install then the system reports it is the latest:

Name:	install.png
Views:	214
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1582522
      This is strange not?

Comment

Did you also install mono-vbnc?

sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc

Steps from 2017 are:

sudo apt-get install mono-complete
        sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc
        sudo apt-get install mono-xsp4​

to get aspx running then do this:

install -p /usr/bin/vbc /usr/bin/vbnc

Personally I do not install mono-xpsp4 to get HS running in Linux.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

yes I did, but the system reports that mono-vbnc doed not exist, uh?

Comment

Is it possible because of the 64 bits architecture that mono does not install correctly?

Comment

Maybe. Not familiar with the 64bit PiOS.

Guessing you used this repository stuff.

Mono Stable for Debian 64 bit.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I did just this:
                Code:
                sudo apt install mono-complete
                sudo apt install mono-devel
                sudo apt install mono-vbnc
                but the latest (vbnc) was not succesful

Comment

Just some anecdotal info, I've heard of other 32-bit applications having a problem with running on 64-bit OSes on Pi's. I believe the UniFi Network controller is one of them, I currently run it against a 32-bit Debian build (from the Pi download site) on a Pi4, was thinking about rebuilding/reinstalling, read some UniFi forum posts where users said that 64-bit OSes are a no-go.

Comment

What I did: removing all the mono stuff from my system and used your link to install the Debian 64 bit.

Now I see the 6.12 version of mono and HS4 is running now!

Thanks for showing me the right way!

Comment

Googling here on some pieces of mono installation on 64bit RPi which indicates that it is not complete / not working at this time.

monodevelop not working on RPi 4 #9477

​Personally I would install the 32bit version of Raspbian and reinstall Mono and be done with it.

I had similar issues with Mono installation on little Armbian 64bit TV boxes a couple of years ago.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Well, here mono-devel installed just fine.

Comment

Yes the link above was more related to mono-devel than mono-vbnc on 64bit Arm CPU.

Try to build it?

Visual Basic support

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yes, I did. Without a problem.

Comment

Great news Cor.

Glad it worked for you.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X