Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very slow web performance using MyHS - Solved router issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very slow web performance using MyHS - Solved router issue!

A few days ago, I upgraded my dad's house from HS3 on a PC to HS4 on a Hometroller Plus. While i was at his house setting things up, everything was working very smoothly. The web UI was very responsive. Now when I'm trying to connect remotely via MyHS to do further tweaking, the web pages render extremely slowly making it very painful to do anything. We're talking 60+ seconds to render pages. Sometimes the pages don't even load completely (missing CSS and such). Where should I be looking to troubleshoot this?

I'm seeing a bunch of these warnings in the HS log:

Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Comment

What type of SpeedTest results does he get? Upload/download......
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I've been on HS4 for quite a while and as of a couple of days ago, logging in and going to any page through myhs is painfully slow.

No errors in the log but I am getting time out warnings on the browser screen.

Comment

We got it solved. It turns out there was something wrong with the router. He's got one of those xfinity managed gateways. After I found that we couldn't add/edit port forwards due to constant errors in the xfinity app, I followed a thread on that topic. It had me enable advanced security, reboot the gateway, then disable it again and reboot again. Then the MyHS stuff started working. I think it had something to do with legacy forwarding settings hanging around from their previous management interface software.

Comment

Jon well thanks, I got a new provider and router a few weeks ago. I'll try a reboot since all I've done is assign some IPs nothing else.

Comment

Working...
            X