Issue with Date Range Group Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Date Range Group Condition

I'm using HS4 Standard 4.2.16.0 and have a number of events that control devices for Christmas. I have a group condition as follows:

IF
    The date is after 11/14/Y
    The intent here is that these events only occur from November 15th through the end of the year.

Unfortunately, all events continue to fire into the new year. An example of one of the events:

‚ÄčAny thoughts on what could be going on here?
    Attached Files

We need to see each of the "Group Conditions" in order to help.

Comment

As avpman alluded to, knowing what the Group Conditions are would be helpful. If the date range is until the end of the year regardless of what is in the group conditions, you can just add another "AND" condition using "The Date or Day is..." option to the Event you posted. Might take two of them if you use "The Date is After..." and "The date is Before..."

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
        As avpman alluded to, knowing what the Group Conditions are would be helpful. If the date range is until the end of the year regardless of what is in the group conditions, you can just add another "AND" condition using "The Date or Day is..." option to the Event you posted. Might take two of them if you use "The Date is After..." and "The date is Before..."
        Apologies for any confusion. I only have the one group condition for the "Christmas" group - which I showed in text (rather than a screenshot), above. Hopefully I'm understanding your point correctly. The single group condition is just "IF The date is after 11/14/Y".

Yes - I could potentially replace the "The Group Conditions are TRUE" with a repeated "The date is after 11/14/Y" for each event. I've considered trying that, if only as an experiment. But, if my wife convinces me to move up the date at which we put up the Christmas stuff, I'm stuck updating a multitude of events (rather than a single group condition).

As an aside, there's not a ton of harm by keeping these conditions active (since the associated modules are all unplugged and packed away). But, it leads to a lot of unnecessary bus traffic and accumulated failures for 10+ months of the year...

Comment

How good are you with scripting? I have a script that enables or disables events based on a string in the event note field. You would create two events, one to enable all the events in your Christmas group on a specific date and a second one to disable the events on the end date. I use it mainly for when I go on vacation. If you are interested I can send you the doc and script.

The attached pic should give you an idea of the notes I used in the events to be enabled or disabled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	notes.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1584627

Comment

Just throwing this one in....If you want a GUI interface to set dates, you could use my Quick Reminders (one way using its virtual device on/off capability) instead of your Group condition. Has the advantage that you can remove or add additional dates in single clicks.
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X