HS4Pro CPU utilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4Pro CPU utilization

I was hoping to get other peoples experiences using HS4Pro. After moving I've recently begun setting things up again at the new house. I installed HS4Pro on a micro form factor computer. When HS4Pro starts it utilizes almost nothing resource wise. The computer is using 6-9 watts so thermals are all fine. After awhile I'm finding that the ZWave plugin suddenly starts to use significant processor resources. Energy consumption goes up to like 25-30 watts and the thing starts to cook. Has anyone run into this and know why or how to stop it? The issue seems to be with the zwave plugin. If I restart the program everything goes back to normal. I've considered moving to something like a raspberry pi, but I'm not sure how that would work as I don't think it could provide the kind of processing power it is requesting. Thanks for any help.

It's a known issue with the plugin and usually manifests after adding a device. What version of the plugin are you running?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks for the response. I've got 4.0.3.0 installed.

Comment

Go to this thread and post your experience:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...high-cpu-usage
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I read through the posts and updated to the beta version. I have probably like 50 more devices to add so I'll give it a good test and see if it's fixed. Thanks for linking me there.

Comment

If you have a problem like this, you probably need to "open a ticket." As far as I know, HST is still using the sheer volume of tickets regarding a specific issue to assess the importance of a bug. I don't know how important they feel this bug is, but IMHO this is severe enough that I personally wouldn't even try a 4.x Z-Wave PI (especially without the ability to revert)​ as long as the complaints in this forum are running long, deep, and continuous. YMMV.
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

As a workaround (i.e. bandage fix) you could plug it into a smart plug with power monitoring capability and when a high power draw is detected, restart the Z-Wave plugin. There's several threads on doing this for other devices and plugins.
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                As a workaround (i.e. bandage fix) you could plug it into a smart plug with power monitoring capability and when a high power draw is detected, restart the Z-Wave plugin. There's several threads on doing this for other devices and plugins.
                I use Jon00’s performance monitor plugin and trigger on high CPU usage.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                  I use Jon00’s performance monitor plugin and trigger on high CPU usage.
                  Don't want to offend anyone but what's that old saying?

"There's more than one way to skin a cat."​
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                  X