HS4 Time Travels to the Future! and many plugins to fail to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Time Travels to the Future! and many plugins to fail to load

everything seemed to work until I rebooted the PC today and now HS4 thinks its tomorrow!? So, some plugins will not load. I'm restoring the Homseer folder from my nightly PC backup. hoping that fixed it. This must be another bug in HS4

Attached Files

Under Setup, do you have your location set correctly?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	115
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1587222
    HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
    67 Z-Wave Nodes, 111 Events, 422 Devices
    Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
    Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Under Setup, do you have your location set correctly?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	1587222
      I had not changed anything, been working for 2 yrs on that PC. I restored the entire HS4 folder from that morning's backup and all is well now. HS should be designed (I know its clearly not) to sync with the local PC's date-time and/or from a time server online -- then allow an override in the local config if specifically set by the admin.... that IS a software design best practice. But yeah, its Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

I had not changed anything, been working for 2 yrs on that PC. I restored the entire HS4 folder from that morning's backup and all is well now. HS should be designed (I know its clearly not) to sync with the local PC's date-time and/or from a time server online -- then allow an override in the local config if specifically set by the admin.... that IS a software design best practice. But yeah, its Homeseer.
        Sigh....Do you ever have anything nice to say about HomeSeer?
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Sigh....Do you ever have anything nice to say about HomeSeer?
          It is either rare or nonexistent. I don't remember once. It is tiresome. What is the old saw? "You only have two faults: everything you say and everything you do".

HS4 Pro, Windows 10 pro

Comment

Must be those cold winters in Colorado, wait Randy is from Colorado. Reminds me of a joke: Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Sometimes I let him sleep.​
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Must be those cold winters in Colorado, wait Randy is from Colorado. Reminds me of a joke: Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Sometimes I let him sleep.​
              Greg;

I'm just an old teddy bear. I found complaining to be a useless endeavor many decades ago.

HS4 Pro, Windows 10 pro

Comment

I'm here to add-in reality of how things are really working or broken... which provides balance to the "nothing is ever wrong or broken" people (the ppl who complain about my complaining as much as I complain) ... this thread is the perfect example!

Its not all broken... just 100x more than it should be. Simple bugs seem to never get fixed (like the Log time filter reset bug!) Not my fault tons of stuff is just broken and never gets fixed... but if the majority does not demand better, it will never (as history has already proven) get better.

Comment

Working...
                X