HS4 Not Refreshing Status of Virtual Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Not Refreshing Status of Virtual Devices

I have several virtual devices that I use to monitor the status of and control groups of lights. These devices are generally changed by events that are triggered by a change in status of one of the lights in the respective group. For several of these virtual devices (but not all), the status of the device changes on the HS4 interface web page if I control it directly (using the on or off buttons), but not if the device is changed via an event. In the latter case, I must refresh the web page to view the change. I can't figure out why some of the virtual devices work like this, and others are updated without a refresh (as they should be).

Any idea what is going on here?

Try using a different browser. Barring that, hit F12 and view the console for any error messages at the browser-level.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'm seeing this with Firefox right now. Switching to Chrome resolves it. Shame, as I prefer Firefox. FF issue, or HS4?

Comment

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
        I'm seeing this with Firefox right now. Switching to Chrome resolves it. Shame, as I prefer Firefox. FF issue, or HS4?
        But if it was a browser issue, why would the problem only occur with some devices, but not others?
        Maybe it is a browser issue. I checked Opera (which uses the Chrome backend) and it seems to work correctly.

Comment

Edge works too, so I think it's Firefox for me. What browser were you using that started you noticing the issue?

Comment

Edge works too, so I think it's Firefox for me. What browser were you using that started you noticing the issue?
            Firefox

Comment

It's working again now for me. Not sure if it was the update to HS 4.2.17.0 or a Firefox update - but it seems ok again now.

Comment

It's working again now for me. Not sure if it was the update to HS 4.2.17.0 or a Firefox update - but it seems ok again now.
                Same for me. Problem solved, but not sure how.

Comment

Working...
                X