HS4 on Win10 as service fails to bind to port on boot up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 on Win10 as service fails to bind to port on boot up

Hello, I've set HS4 to start as a service. However, anytime the server reboots, HS starts but it fails to bind to its assigned port. Here's the particular portion of the startup log showing the failure:

Code:
    1/29/2023 5:04:13 PM HomeSeer~!~Web Server~!~Local IP address is: 127.0.0.1
    1/29/2023 5:04:13 PM HomeSeer~!~Web Server~!~The web server has been bound specifically to IP address 192.168.0.100
    1/29/2023 5:04:13 PM HomeSeer~!~Web Server~!~Web Server started on IP Address 192.168.0.100, port 8090
    1/29/2023 5:04:13 PM HomeSeer~!~Warning~!~Error starting web server, port in use? Are you running a web server on the designated port? Edit settings.ini in the Config folder and change gWebSvrPort=## to a different port #. The requested address is not valid in its context
    1/29/2023 5:04:13 PM HomeSeer~!~Warning~!~Web Server Stopped​
    I don't have anything else attempting to bind to this port. If I stop and re-start the HomeSeerService service, then it starts just find and binds to the port. Or if I turn off the service and manually start HS4, that works fine as well. Any idea what's going on with the service starting during boot up that would cause the port binding to fail?

What do you have configured in windows firewall?

Comment

Have you tried setting it to delayed start?

Comment

I have opened the port in Windows firewall. I have not tried setting it to delayed start, that might be the ticket. Playing around I don't see how to do that, if you can share. Thanks!

Comment

Type "services" in the windows search bar and open it.
          Find the Homeseer service and double click it.
          Drop down for "Startup Type".
          Automatic delayed start.

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
            Type "services" in the windows search bar and open it.
            Find the Homeseer service and double click it.
            Drop down for "Startup Type".
            Automatic delayed start.
            Thank you, that seems to have fixed the issue! I really appreciate your help!

Comment

Working...
            X