Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee / DeConz / newbie!

Hey All,

Managed to get a basic setup of this working in HS4 as I consider migrating away from Z wave.
    The Deconz app seems to have lots of information I assume I shouldn't play with!. One thing that would be useful ( but I can't see ) is there anyway to see the wireless strength between nodes? i.e. so I can spot a weak spot and perhaps add another device to act as a repeater?

I'm using the JowiHue plugin as recommended. I currently have some simple zigbee plugs that as far as I can tell just support ON/OFF. The JowiHue app though shows dimming options if I set an event for them ( not just on/off ). In the HS4 devices view there is no information on the switch apart from on/off.

Finally. With Z wave the devices are stored on the z wave stick yes? ( in essence if that dies I need to re add everything ). How does this work with the zigbee combee 2 stick? ( assume worst case scenario and it dies! )

Any advice/help welcome.

In Deconz the "links" between each device will be green, yellow or red showing strength. There's also the LQI button at the top for link quality in a numeric format.

Not sure of the rest but I believe all devices are saved in Deconz itself and not the stick.
    There's a Deconz forum here:
    https://forum.phoscon.de/

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
      In Deconz the "links" between each device will be green, yellow or red showing strength. There's also the LQI button at the top for link quality in a numeric format.

Not sure of the rest but I believe all devices are saved in Deconz itself and not the stick.
      There's a Deconz forum here:
      https://forum.phoscon.de/
      Thank you!

Comment

Spoke to early!

Can't connect to the device
        Attached Files

Comment

Are you running in a VM?
          There's an issue with USB passthrough with the Conbee sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocster View Post
            Hey All,

Managed to get a basic setup of this working in HS4 as I consider migrating away from Z wave.
            The Deconz app seems to have lots of information I assume I shouldn't play with!. One thing that would be useful ( but I can't see ) is there anyway to see the wireless strength between nodes? i.e. so I can spot a weak spot and perhaps add another device to act as a repeater?

I'm using the JowiHue plugin as recommended. I currently have some simple zigbee plugs that as far as I can tell just support ON/OFF. The JowiHue app though shows dimming options if I set an event for them ( not just on/off ). In the HS4 devices view there is no information on the switch apart from on/off.

Finally. With Z wave the devices are stored on the z wave stick yes? ( in essence if that dies I need to re add everything ). How does this work with the zigbee combee 2 stick? ( assume worst case scenario and it dies! )

Any advice/help welcome.
            The configuration is saved in local database. Its location depends on the system yuo are running on. The simple solution is to create a backup in Phoscon (in deCONZ press the Phoscon button). With a regular backup you should be able to restore it if ever the machine dies on you.
            On the connection not happening, check on Demusman 's question. VM's can be difficult in this configuration.Also check on the firmware part. Which deCONZ version are you using?

It might also help to check https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...o-s-on-jowihue on the JowiHue forum
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Finally got this all working .
              I've got zigbee tuya plugs . They seem to work fine . They claim power consumption reading . But I can't find how to access this anywhere ; for an event for example .

Thanks

Comment

It depends if the Tuya device is already fully supported by deCONZ. Often the plug function will perform fine, but for the support of the power measurement some extra wordk is needed on the DDF support part.
                Tuya devices often differ based on their model id's. Check the model id in the propeties of the device created by the plugin. Then check the modelid here on blakadder or with a search on github

If you cannot find the devices on the above two sites, you could try and do a device request, the devs can help you with that.

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                  It depends if the Tuya device is already fully supported by deCONZ. Often the plug function will perform fine, but for the support of the power measurement some extra wordk is needed on the DDF support part.
                  Tuya devices often differ based on their model id's. Check the model id in the propeties of the device created by the plugin. Then check the modelid here on blakadder or with a search on github

If you cannot find the devices on the above two sites, you could try and do a device request, the devs can help you with that.

Wim
                  Hi,

Yes it is listed
                  Model TS011F manufactured by Tuya

So not sure why I can't access it's power management features.

Do I need to set things up in the cluster/node info windows?. Lots of stuff here not sure what I should be doing.....

Comment

I will also need the tuya ID combination, presented as manufacturer in the JowiHue properties. If you check the details of the plug in blakadder, you will see a whole list of id's. And the one you have needs a matching id in that list, otherwise you need to try and request for a new device support.

But as a matter of fact, I am working for a new HS installation for my brother and he had put me in charge of preparing all for him. He had ordered some plugs from China and guess what? It are plugs that do power measurement. And it are Tuya plugs, where the power measurement is not reported by deCONZ.

Does the JSON on the properties of the device, JowiHue tab match the manufacturer name of this one?

On/Off plug-in unit

**************************** Object info *****************************
                    {
                    "capabilities": {
                    "alerts": [
                    "none",
                    "select",
                    "lselect"
                    ]
                    },
                    "config": {
                    "groups": [
                    "0"
                    ]
                    },
                    "etag": "57f6afaacc8f3f2b3b55f7b6522f2199",
                    "hascolor": false,
                    "lastannounced": "2023-01-17T20:57:31Z",
                    "lastseen": "2023-01-17T21:02Z",
                    "manufacturername": "_TZ3000_dksbtrzs",
                    "modelid": "TS011F",
                    "name": "LON01 Plug",
                    "state": {
                    "alert": "none",
                    "on": true,
                    "reachable": false
                    },
                    "swversion": "77",
                    "type": "On/Off plug-in unit",
                    "uniqueid": "a4:c1:38:fb:d8:bc:6d:00-01"
                    }
                    ************************* End Object info ***************************​

-- Wim

Comment

I highly recommend setting up a Raspbee. It runs the deconz software on a raspberry pi and has the Zigbee hat. You can then put that anywhere.. Good question about the backup... I should probably automate mine...
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        I will also need the tuya ID combination, presented as manufacturer in the JowiHue properties. If you check the details of the plug in blakadder, you will see a whole list of id's. And the one you have needs a matching id in that list, otherwise you need to try and request for a new device support.

But as a matter of fact, I am working for a new HS installation for my brother and he had put me in charge of preparing all for him. He had ordered some plugs from China and guess what? It are plugs that do power measurement. And it are Tuya plugs, where the power measurement is not reported by deCONZ.

Does the JSON on the properties of the device, JowiHue tab match the manufacturer name of this one?

On/Off plug-in unit

**************************** Object info *****************************
                        {
                        "capabilities": {
                        "alerts": [
                        "none",
                        "select",
                        "lselect"
                        ]
                        },
                        "config": {
                        "groups": [
                        "0"
                        ]
                        },
                        "etag": "57f6afaacc8f3f2b3b55f7b6522f2199",
                        "hascolor": false,
                        "lastannounced": "2023-01-17T20:57:31Z",
                        "lastseen": "2023-01-17T21:02Z",
                        "manufacturername": "_TZ3000_dksbtrzs",
                        "modelid": "TS011F",
                        "name": "LON01 Plug",
                        "state": {
                        "alert": "none",
                        "on": true,
                        "reachable": false
                        },
                        "swversion": "77",
                        "type": "On/Off plug-in unit",
                        "uniqueid": "a4:c1:38:fb:d8:bc:6d:00-01"
                        }
                        ************************* End Object info ***************************​
                        Thank you!
                        Mine is VERY similar!

Only difference is
                        swversion is 74
                        manufacturer name is "_TZ3000_yujkchbz"

This must be a pain for you as you have to support so many versions of the same thing!.
                        Also buying from China I have no idea what "version" I'm going to get!!!

Cheers

Comment

I am sorry, but it is a different device, so you need to put the request yourself as you will need to produce the overview of cluster information on the github.
                          I just added my request, you could use that as a sample for your own request? Check https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/6742
                          -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                          X