HS4 Status Text (how to display it?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Status Text (how to display it?)

How do I get a device's status text to display properly? I want to utilize this in the designer for the app, but the status seems to only mimic the value.
    FWIW, my status graphic updates fine, but the text does not change to match the associated value.
    Attached Files

You will notice that you have controls setup, but you do not have graphics setup. Define your range for the graphics and you should get what you desire.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0x.png
Views:	130
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1589684

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      You will notice that you have controls setup, but you do not have graphics setup. Define your range for the graphics and you should get what you desire.
      Actually, no, that's not it.

I found the answer, however. I had previously set the device value and string through the API (http://homedata/JSON?request=setdevi...&ref=28&value=someValue&string=someString).
      I had to clear this string and now it inherits the text from the table properly.

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post

Actually, no, that's not it.

I found the answer, however. I had previously set the device value and string through the API (http://homedata/JSON?request=setdevi...&ref=28&value=someValue&string=someString).
        I had to clear this string and now it inherits the text from the table properly.
        This is the result of HS4 not exposing the String as HS3 did. In HS3 you could see the String and set it or clear it through a Device control Action.

As you found, String always takes precedence over Status Text.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
          This is the result of HS4 not exposing the String as HS3 did. In HS3 you could see the String and set it or clear it through a Device control Action.

As you found, String always takes precedence over Status Text.
          Yep! I learned. I wish the documentation was better so I don't have to keep bugging you kind folks.

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post

Yep! I learned. I wish the documentation was better so I don't have to keep bugging you kind folks.
            That is what this community is for. The documentation is lacking and pointing to it is even more lacking. Look here for the current HS4 documentation. Despite its warts, HomeSeer is very robust and reliable software. HST is ultimately a very small organization and benefits from this community as we all do.

You might also look at HS3 help while the UI is different most under the hood remains the same.

Also look at the Event Clinic. While it was written for HS3 it still helps to explain the software. I am trying to find the time to build an HS4 clinic.

Comment

Kinda on the same topic... Michaels status shows a percent sign after the number, I have one device that doesn't show a percent after it's battery status. Is there a way to add that or would that be a plugin change only?

Comment

You read my answer in the other thread but for others:

Go to the feature, then to Status Graphics

Click image for larger version  Name:	B7C3A8E7-8F98-4948-BD06-13144B318C8A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.2 KB ID:	1589783

Click the little 3 slider icon and add % as a suffix. You can change decimal points displayed (plug-in dependent) prefix and control type as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DBD74934-64F6-4BDF-A51F-4767073DDA0A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.0 KB ID:	1589782

Comment

Working...
                X