No announcement yet.

Important! - HS3 legacy device utility and events pages to be removed from HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon’s plug-in is great, but I will miss having two Events open at once and being able to edit them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	34CC8FF7-9D1E-4088-95ED-D0832D8F0237.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1591081
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.18.3 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I started my HS4 migration back in the fall of last year but backed out because of the HS4 interface. I have a 23” monitor and pretty much every page was terribly inefficient with regards to screen real estate, plus the filtering/sorting mechanism was a royal mess. This really turned me off as the number of devices started to grow. I tried Jon00’s plug-in and that certainly helped, but in the end, I elected to stay with HS3 because the extra effort I was going through to make HS4 “comfortable” for me to work with wasn’t worth the effort.

Many users have made simple suggestions in this thread, that if implemented, could bring me back around to HS4. However, if the HS3 legacy pages are removed with no concurrent changes to the existing HS4 interface, I’ll probably never convert.

The things I most would like to see…

1. A list display with single lines that has some degree of customization. I don’t need to see all device parameters but give me the ability to pick my top 5/6 (For me that would be Device name, Loc 1, Loc 2, Device Type, Device status, and an Icon.). I’ll drill into the device if I want to see more.

2. Filtering ability with the option to show/hide the filter criteria (99% of the time I’d keep it hidden.) Make those filters “sticky” so that they remain in effect with every subsequent restart, until the user changes it.

Comment

I totally agree.
        Originally posted by Techvet View Post
        I
        1. A list display with single lines that has some degree of customization. I don’t need to see all device parameters, but give me the ability to pick my top 5/6 (For me that would be Device name, Loc 1, Loc 2, Device Type, Device status, and an Icon.). I’ll drill into the device if I want to see more.

2. Filtering ability with the option to show/hide the filter criteria (99% of the time I’d keep it hidden.) Make those filters “sticky” so that they remains in effect with every subsequent restart, until the user changes it.
        Don

Comment

Working...
        X