• Show
Clear All

HS Touch HS4 issue

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-02.png
Views:	197
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1590073

Every day at sunrise and sunset my Fire8 running HSTouch4 crashes. The log shows "...raised LineDisconnected or was forced closed." I simply close the app and re-open and all is well until sunrise or sunset, however, it's incredibly annoying to do this twice a day every day.

I've been through every event and every screen and cannot find the culprit.

Appreciate any help on this.

Version=HS4 ZEE S2/PI Edition 4.2.14.0 (Linux)
    MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 5.18.1.0 (tarball Fri Mar 15 21:12:47 UTC 2019)

Device Count=153
    Event Count=33
    Last Event Ran=Email : Email Check, Ran at 2/2/2023 5:00:00 PM
    # of unique event scripts=0
    Connected Speaker Clients=CHROMECAST (127.0.0.1):KITCHEN DISPLAY, HOMETROLLERZEES2V6 (192.168.1.209):1ST FLOOR FOYER
    Plugins Enabled=Z-Wave:,Philips Hue:,HS MyQ:,Chromecast:,Lyric Thermostat:
    Modules/Threads=106 Modules, 100 Threads
    Available Threads=398
    HomeSeer Memory Used=497 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=Chromecast 4.0.20.0,HS MyQ 4.0.9.0,Lyric Thermostat 4.2.2.0,Philips Hue 4.0.24.0,Z-Wave 3.0.4.0
    Disk Size=14.75GB​

That is downright strange. I use a bunch of Fire HD tablets, and thought I'd seen every wacky issue with these devices.

The only thing I can think of is, and this is a longshot - do you have any other apps running, maybe weather-related that do something at sunrise/sunset?

Comment

I'm using weather.homeseer.com for a current day's forecast and a 5 day on a weather screen but no direct sunrise/sunset displays. I even revised all the sunrise/sunset events to add a small delay thinking the events may be the issue.

I also deployed a default graphic, literally just a blank page with an exit button to close the app and this condition still exists.

Comment

My guess is that it has nothing directly to do with HSTouch - it's more likely to be tablet related. Again, just a guess.

Stay awake when power should be on. HSTouch is more likely to stay connected if you turn off low power mode and smart suspend​. But this is based on time of day, so you wouldn't think that wouldn't have anything to do with your issue.

What gen Fire HD tablet is it? I don't use the blue-light feature, but I know you can set a schedule to turn it on/off. Is that feature turned on?

Also, posting your issue in the HSTouch forum may get more Fire tablet users to see this.

Comment

Tablet has power 24/7/365 since it's only used for our home graphics.

FireHD 8, Blue Shade is off.

Thanks for the advice I'll post in HSTouch.

Comment

Working...
          X