Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randy
    replied
    Polling was not something that could be changed with the earlier V4 plug-ins. It was fixed several versions ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	221
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1595830

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    At Randy's suggestion, I upgraded from 3.0.10.0 to 3.0.11.0 and magically polling started working, again. My understanding is that in the earlier versions, (at least) of Ver 4.x polling was again broken.

Not to steal the thread, but this is strongly related to the question at hand: I currently have two Z-Wave PIs running. 1) Z-Wave Legacy and 2) Z-Wave 3.0.11.0. I have NO clue what Z-Wave Legacy is and IIRC it was a holdover during that time of confusion with different plug-ins with the same version number and other idiosyncrasies.

Has polling been restored to Z-Wave 4.x? If one opts for Z-Wave 4.x, is that the only Z-Wave plugin needed to retain all of the 3.0.11.0 features?

PS
    Not necessarily a proponent of polling, but without it, older CT-100 thermostats don't report properly.

Leave a comment:

• jgreenberg01
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveW View Post

Which Jasco devices are you using? I just now tested two of my current-generation Jasco devices: a UltraPro wall dimmer and a UltraPro wall switch (700-series chips). I use triple-taps to turn every light in the house on or off, and it works fine on those devices. My system is running the version 4.1.1.0 beta Z-Wave plugin and a SmartStick+ G3 (700 series).
    They are GE Enbrighten and UltraPro purchased between 2018 and mid 2022.

Unfortunately I didn't take off the wall plates to see which switches/versions were affected.

I just checked the ticket I had submitted, and I was using v4.0.3.0, NOT 4.1.1.0.

I apologize for the confusion - maybe it has been corrected since then.

Leave a comment:

• SteveW
    replied
    Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post

In my case, Jasco switch "scene management" stopped working when I upgraded to 4.1.1.0. Double/triple taps of the switches would suddenly stop triggering events that had been working for years.

After speaking with tech support, I ended up needing to roll back to 3.0.11.0.

Not sure if that issue has been fixed or not.
    Which Jasco devices are you using? I just now tested two of my current-generation Jasco devices: a UltraPro wall dimmer and a UltraPro wall switch (700-series chips). I use triple-taps to turn every light in the house on or off, and it works fine on those devices. My system is running the version 4.1.1.0 beta Z-Wave plugin and a SmartStick+ G3 (700 series).

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Since 4.1.1.0 is the newest beta, if it was an issue, it has not been fixed. I don’t have Jasco central scene devices, but my Zooz, Hank, Remotec and HomeSeer central scene devices are all fine. The central scene on my Remotec remotes did not work with the early V4 releases. I ended up excluding/including them again, correcting the issue. Other users did not have the same problems as I had.

Leave a comment:

• jgreenberg01
    replied
    Originally posted by wpiman View Post

What issues? I have been running 4.1.0.3 just fine for a while. Is there a particular device that has an issue?
    In my case, Jasco switch "scene management" stopped working when I upgraded to 4.1.1.0. Double/triple taps of the switches would suddenly stop triggering events that had been working for years.

After speaking with tech support, I ended up needing to roll back to 3.0.11.0.

Not sure if that issue has been fixed or not.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Also be aware that in Z-wave plugin 4.x that HST has deprecated Z-Wave Scene capability, since it's been officially deprecated in the latest Z-wave specification.
    What that means is if you are dependent on older Z-Wave multi-button controllers from Cooper and Leviton, you might have to do some re-configuration of events if you were using Z-wave Scenes.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    There were a number of missing features and settings in the early V4 plug-ins. I’m currently running the 4.1.1.0 beta without issue. The only thing missing from the current V4 plug-in is the ability to set or clear routing. With Z-Wave plus devices neither of these are really needed, though clearing route would be useful if you physically relocate a Z-Wave device.

There is nothing wrong with 3.0.11.0 and it will serve you well. I have no regrets moving to V4 since it will become a requirement down the road.

Leave a comment:

• wpiman
    replied
    Originally posted by mulu View Post
    There were some major issues with HS4. Have those been resolved with 4.1.0.3? I did read through the 4.1.0.3 thread just yesterday as I am finally thinking of moving from the v3 to the v4 version. It seems there aren't quite as many problems anymore in the latest 4.1.0.3 but is it equally good or better than the latest v3?
    What issues? I have been running 4.1.0.3 just fine for a while. Is there a particular device that has an issue?

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    There were some major issues with HS4. Have those been resolved with 4.1.0.3? I did read through the 4.1.0.3 thread just yesterday as I am finally thinking of moving from the v3 to the v4 version. It seems there aren't quite as many problems anymore in the latest 4.1.0.3 but is it equally good or better than the latest v3?

Leave a comment:

• wpiman
    replied
    Version 4 is for Homeseer 4. Use that.

Leave a comment:

• jpm
    started a topic Which Z-Wave plugin to use?

Which Z-Wave plugin to use?

So there is a v3.x and a v4.x - If I'm creating a brand new install, which is better and why?

Reference: https://docs.homeseer.com/products/s...-z-wave-plugin
Working...
X