Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Release Announcements 4.2.18.0 is available!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Release Announcements 4.2.18.0 is available!

Update through setup or see the release notes for download links.

Release notes and download links:

HS4 4.2.18.0 Release Notes​​

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

4.2.18.0 installed and running without issue.

Just a reminder that if you are upgrading from 4.2.17.0 or earlier, there is a change to Events that will not allow you to roll back to a prior version. A backup of your configuration is taken before the upgrade. As always, I recommend taking a full HS4 directory structure copy before any major update like this. The good news is that it is very unlikely you will have to roll back. Many of us have been testing the betas for weeks without issue. The other good news is that you will get Conditional Actions, a very useful new addition.

You can look here for instructions for rolling back to your prior version.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      4.2.18.0 installed and running without issue.

Just a reminder that if you are upgrading from 4.2.17.0 or earlier, there is a change to Events that will not allow you to roll back to a prior version. A backup of your configuration is taken before the upgrade. As always, I recommend taking a full HS4 directory structure copy before any major update like this. The good news is that it is very unlikely you will have to roll back. Many of us have been testing the betas for weeks without issue. The other good news is that you will get Conditional Actions, a very useful new addition.

You can look here for instructions for rolling back to your prior version.
      I've added the warning and the reversion instructions to the .18 release notes. So, everything should be included now.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Upgrade went well and I did not lose my Event Actions this time - thanks HST!
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Is .18.0 the same as .17.4 ? Or should I upgrade again?

Comment

4.2.18.0 per rjh is the same as 4.2.17.5. .5 had a couple of changes from .4

Comment

So, upgrading from Setup always reboots the (Windows) system now? No way to reliably upgrade without rebooting?

HS4 newbee
              Gary

Comment

EDITED! SEE BOTTOM FOR EXTRA INFORMATION

After upgrading from 4.2.17.0 I am not seeing many of my devices on the Devices screen. I do not think they are missing because I can get information about at least one of them which was created a couple days ago via Michael McSharry's mcsMQTT Associations tab as well as in the popup when I select the Device ID. Also, when I select a device to edit from the HomeSeer Devices page and then change the url to use this device ID instead, I see information on the device. Below are image of the Device Editing page and the Devices where I am filtering on the appropriate Floor. I did see this specific device prior to the update.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	97.6 KB ID:	1596050

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	1596051​​EDIT

If I use the Search and search for pillar then the device is listed, but clicking on it gives me the information shown below:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1751
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	1596052
                Last edited by ksum; March 2, 2023, 03:32 PM. Reason: Added information about using the Device page's Search for the device
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                  EDITED! SEE BOTTOM FOR EXTRA INFORMATION

After upgrading from 4.2.17.0 I am not seeing many of my devices on the Devices screen. I do not think they are missing because I can get information about at least one of them which was created a couple days ago via Michael McSharry's mcsMQTT Associations tab as well as in the popup when I select the Device ID. Also, when I select a device to edit from the HomeSeer Devices page and then change the url to use this device ID instead, I see information on the device. Below are image of the Device Editing page and the Devices where I am filtering on the appropriate Floor. I did see this specific device prior to the update.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	97.6 KB ID:	1596050

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	1596051​​EDIT

If I use the Search and search for pillar then the device is listed, but clicking on it gives me the information shown below:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	200.8 KB ID:	1596052
                  What happens when you toggle hidden from view off?

Name:	6178ECAE-CCF6-4EB9-8CDB-C81B229114C3.jpg
Views:	1700
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1596067

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                    What happens when you toggle hidden from view off?

Name:	6178ECAE-CCF6-4EB9-8CDB-C81B229114C3.jpg
Views:	1700
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1596067
                    Toggling this On/Off makes no difference.

I DO see the device in the Control Device list when editing an Event and can also control the device via an event.
                    Karl S
                    HS4Pro on Windows 10
                    1070 Devices
                    56 Z-Wave Nodes
                    104 Events

Comment

Have you tried a different browser?

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                        Have you tried a different browser?
                        Phone and PC. I also used the Chrome DevTools and there are no html divs for the missing devices. So I'm doubtful it is browser based.

I also have this in the phone app:

Should show all devices:

Name:	Screenshot_20230302-195141.png
Views:	1675
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1596083

Many of these dashboard items do not show in the browser Devices page.

Name:	Screenshot_20230302-195215.png
Views:	1685
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	1596084

Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events

Comment

That is very strange.
                          Have you tried a reboot?

Comment

No problems upgrading from 4.2.17.5 to 4.2.18.0 on my HomeTroller Pi. Continuing to combine and replace my "parity" events. 😁

Comment

I read this notice.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	39.9 KB ID:	1596101

Will my events and actions configured in v4.2.17.0 work in v4.2.18.0?
                              Last edited by hembhagat; March 3, 2023, 04:14 AM. Reason: Corrected the version numbers

Comment

Working...
                              X