HS4 Pro and migrating - Z-Wave questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Pro and migrating - Z-Wave questions

I have my HS4Pro running on a linux system. I want to migrate it over to windows. This part looks to be well documented. But I do not see any mention of Zwave. I have the Smartstick+. Can I simple move the Smartstick from the linux system to my windows system and expect it to work?

Thanks!!

I moved from a Linux box to windows a couple years ago and don’t recall any issues. I’m pretty sure I backed up the z wave and then restored it on the windows machine with no issues. No matter what, backups are key on both machines before messing with anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Grover View Post
      I have my HS4Pro running on a linux system. I want to migrate it over to windows. This part looks to be well documented. But I do not see any mention of Zwave. I have the Smartstick+. Can I simple move the Smartstick from the linux system to my windows system and expect it to work?

Thanks!!
      If it is configured properly it will move to a new O/S. When HomeSeer connects it interrogates the controller and matches the HomeID and node number with existing HS Devices. You shouldn’t need to use a Z-Wave backup, the information is in flash memory in the controller.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks! Backups are easy in this case. Run backup, leave old system as is! Then scp to new system and restore. I can always go back to the original system.

I was hoping that it would be this easy with the ZWAVE config really in the adapter itself.

Comment

Working...
        X