Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubleshooting Latency Issues (T-stats, wall toggles, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshooting Latency Issues (T-stats, wall toggles, etc.)

I'm trying to figure out what is causing latency issues on my devices. I haven't changed anything recently but over the last couple of weeks, I notice it would take a while for the fireplace T-stat to respond to a change, or for toggling a light through HSTouch.
    Simple test: through the app, I turned on a light and 6 seconds later, it turned on and the status changed to "ON" in the Device view of HomeSeer. Turning it off, I used the button from the Device view. It took 35 seconds to respond. CPU load is minimal and there is nothing in the logs.

If these are Z-Wave devices, check the logs for any Z-Wave error messages.
    Z-Wave thermostats are usually pretty good about receiving RF since they are typically mounted up high. Maybe run an Optimize on the TStat just to be sure.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      If these are Z-Wave devices, check the logs for any Z-Wave error messages.
      Z-Wave thermostats are usually pretty good about receiving RF since they are typically mounted up high. Maybe run an Optimize on the TStat just to be sure.
      As mentioned, nothing in the logs.

Comment

Have you added any z-wave devices recently? I had the issue back in December. I added a couple of devices as secured that I added in the system and that is when the random latency issues started. It took quite a while to figure it out but once I isolated those devices and removed them from the system and added them back as non secured, everything was back to normal and lightening quick.

Comment

Originally posted by stubble36 View Post
          Have you added any z-wave devices recently? I had the issue back in December. I added a couple of devices as secured that I added in the system and that is when the random latency issues started. It took quite a while to figure it out but once I isolated those devices and removed them from the system and added them back as non secured, everything was back to normal and lightening quick.
          No. As mentioned, nothing was changed recently.

Comment

If you're on v4.x of the z-wave plugin, try enabling z-wave logging while the latency of going on.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Last time I had an issue like that, restarting my interface cleared it up. (I have a ZNET). Other than that, I'd be spit-balling to find something else. Maybe rescan the problem devices? I've seen some nodes go dumb causing mesh network issues, but that's been extremely rare. I've also had success with excluding "secure" devices then (re)including them back as "unsecure". Hope you find a solution. Good luck in your endeavors.

Comment

Working...
              X