X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events missing after upgrade from HS3

Updated from HS3 to HS4 today per the instructions at:

https://docs.homeseer.com/products/s.../linux-upgrade

The system appears to be up and working, but all my my events are gone. It is a Linux install.

Is this to be expected (if so, I will go back to 3!) or did something go wrong? If so, how to address it?

I had the same experience, except i'm running Windows.
    The devices were there but all of my events were missing.

I carefully followed both install paths (in HS3 directory and a straight install). After the import I had no events.
    I'm back to HS3 until I can figure this out. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Comment

Make a backup of your C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3 folder, shut down HS3 and try again. I had no issues upgrading. I suspect that during the upgrade your
      C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HomeSeerData.json\events.json file got corrupted. There is a events.json.bak backup file. If it's content is not empty (don't judge by the file size, open the file and see if it has any real content) then shut down HS, use events.json.back to replace the events.json file and restart HS.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
        Make a backup of your C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3 folder, shut down HS3 and try again. I had no issues upgrading. I suspect that during the upgrade your
        C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HomeSeerData.json\events.json file got corrupted. There is a events.json.bak backup file. If it's content is not empty (don't judge by the file size, open the file and see if it has any real content) then shut down HS, use events.json.back to replace the events.json file and restart HS.
        Thank you, but I still was unable to get my events to be duplicated in HS4.
        I first tried what you suggested. Then I completely removed HS4 and reinstalled it and still no joy.

Comment

Which version of HS4 are you using? Supposedly there are some issues with a recent release. I think it was 4.2.18.2. In any case, make sure you use 4.2.18.3.

Comment

I will download 4.2.18.3 and try again, but I have fallen back to HS3. I did open a support ticket, but never got a reply from the HS folks.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
              Which version of HS4 are you using? Supposedly there are some issues with a recent release. I think it was 4.2.18.2. In any case, make sure you use 4.2.18.3.
              I'm using 4.2.18.0. I'll update to 4.2.18.3 and try again. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

This weekend I tried upgrading from HS3 Pro to HS4 Pro again, this time with 4.2.18.3, and still no joy on my routines getting transfered.

I only had in the mid-20s so I just recreated them.

Before leaving this - I discovered after the fact - that there is a button on the Setup>Labs tab that says "IMPORT EVENTS". If you hover over it it says "Imports events.json and event_groups.json file created in HS3". Perhaps that would have done the trick. At this point I'm not going to try it.

Thanks to all for your help and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRidgeDog View Post
                  I will download 4.2.18.3 and try again, but I have fallen back to HS3. I did open a support ticket, but never got a reply from the HS folks.
                  What is your ticket ID and I'll investigate this issue. Did you login to the support portal to check your responses?
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Aren't events supposed to get migrated automatically? I will attempt to upgrade next week.
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                      Aren't events supposed to get migrated automatically? I will attempt to upgrade next week.
                      Yes they are but the labs option was put in for users having this issue.

Comment

Hi Rupp,
                        Thank you so much for your note, but as mentioned in my earlier post, I just recreated my routines so I consider this closed for now for me.

I didn't open a ticket on this issue given there seemed to a vibrant discussion on this board. Your comment - and the discovery of the Labs button - make me wish I had gone that route.

Again, thanks!

Comment

It took a while, but I eventually got help on the support request. I exported the events from HS3 then imported them into HS3. However, all the events show up as un-configured and the trigger values is missing. Suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 2.27.54 PM.png
Views:	148
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1607994

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 2.29.06 PM.png
Views:	144
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1607995

Comment

So I reloaded HS3, expanded all 177 events, printed to a PDF and then reloaded HS4 and manually keyed all the event triggers. Man I am not feeling the love on this upgrade...seriously limping along here.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRidgeDog View Post
                              So I reloaded HS3, expanded all 177 events, printed to a PDF and then reloaded HS4 and manually keyed all the event triggers. Man I am not feeling the love on this upgrade...seriously limping along here.
                              I feel this is in part due to waiting so long to upgrade. These upgrades worked much better before the new conditional events were added to HS4. The longer users wait to upgrade the more likely manual intervention is going to be required.

Comment

Working...
                              X