Orphan Devices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orphan Devices...

Recently, I upgraded from HS3 to HS4. After doing so, I (tried) to "uninstall" a well known sprinkler plugin that I once installed, but no longer want/use. Not knowing how to uninstall a plugin, I simply deleted all folders, files, references, devices and events associated with that plugin that I could find. All seemed good, except during HS4 startup I noticed several icon not found references to that plugin's (now deleted) html folder. I then went into Jon00's status graphics editor and noticed numerous devices in my old "sprinklers" room. That selection in the Device Management page does not show any devices. It seems all (or many) of the old plugin's devices are still hanging around but do not show up in any normal interface selection. Anyone know why these still exist and how I can get rid of them?

Thanks
    Gary

Try the Search to find them, that shows hidden devices etc, then delete them through the normal device settings page.

Failing that this script will list all devices/features with their reference so you can go direct to the device settings page and delete them.

Code:
    Sub Main(parm as object)
      Dim dev As Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass
      Dim devEnum As Scheduler.Classes.clsDeviceEnumeration

devEnum = hs.GetDeviceEnumerator

Do
        dev = devEnum.GetNext

hs.WriteLog("Devices", dev.Name(hs) & " " & dev.Ref(hs))
      Loop Until devEnum.Finished
    End Sub
    (Put this is a new script in a manually triggered event, run the event then look in the log)

Device settings page = (your homeseer)/devices.html?ref=(ref)&subpage=devprop&tab=settings

Comment

Have you tried Jon00's Device List utility to see if it finds them?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Failing that this script will list all devices/features with their reference so you can go direct to the device settings page and delete them.
        Thanks for the code. I embellished it somewhat to select only the devices that have "Sprinklers" in Location or Location2. Now I have to figure out how to delete them. 🤔

Have you tried Jon00's Device List utility to see if it finds them?
        I installed Jon00 Device Viewer it at your suggestion. Yes, it does list them, all of the room sprinklers devices. At first glance, I don't see a way to delete them however. There are 45 of them, so deleting them one at time will be a PIA, assuming I can find an interface that does that. Nice viewer to show those pesky missing icons however. I will see if there is a scripting delete function. Must be, but I can't recall having the need to delete a device in a script before.

Gary

Comment

You should be able to do so using the old HS3 device page.

Rather than /devices.html, use /deviceutility and see if you can see and delete them there.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            You should be able to do so using the old HS3 device page.

Rather than /devices.html, use /deviceutility and see if you can see and delete them there.
            Unfortunately no, that interface does not show them either. However, it was through that interface that I originally deleted them after upgrading to HS4. Thanks for the suggestion.

I can delete them one at a time through your Device viewer by selecting the sprinklers room (or floor), clicking the Name, click Settings, then the delete button at the bottom. Interestingly, all those devices are marked "Hide from all Views", even the "Show All" view does not show them. Have no idea how they got marked that way. Wonder if there is a scripting property that would all me to list all those?

Gary

Comment

There's always the script method hs.DeleteDevice(ref) but that's obviously prone to mistakes...

Comment

Originally posted by pseudocode View Post
                There's always the script method hs.DeleteDevice(ref) but that's obviously prone to mistakes...
                Yep, scary. Thanks for the code, I think I will give it a try.

Gary

Comment

Okay, that worked. It appears all those devices are now (really) gone. I would like to know if anyone knows the scripting code to access/set the "Hide from all Views" property in a device? Or where I can find such documentation? I can't find anything like that in the VB.net IntelliSense and I would like to see if I have any other devices that have been previously deleted but still there.

Thanks
                  Gary

Comment

It's not very intuitive but is stored in the dvMISC values, bit 32.

http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/static/#.dvmisc

To check it you can use MISC_Check(hs, bit) and to set or clear it MISC_Set(hs, bit) or MISC_Clear(hs, bit)

Following will list all hidden devices / features:

Code:
                    Sub Main(parm as object)

Do
                        dev = devEnum.GetNext

If dev.MISC_Check(hs, 32) Then
                        End If
                    End Sub

Comment

Never mind I found it:
                      objDevice.MISC_Check(hs, Enums.dvMISC.HIDDEN)

I found another 5 devices that seem to be orphan. Strange. Further, when I restrict, or filter the device view, it does not seem to have any affect on this setting. Is there some HST logic to having devices that are hidden, such that Jon00's functions are the only ones that can see/set them?

Thanks
                      Gary

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pseudocode View Post
                        It's not very intuitive but is stored in the dvMISC values, bit 32.

http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/static/#.dvmisc

To check it you can use MISC_Check(hs, bit) and to set or clear it MISC_Set(hs, bit) or MISC_Clear(hs, bit)

Following will list all hidden devices / features:

Code:
                        Sub Main(parm as object)

Do
                        dev = devEnum.GetNext

If dev.MISC_Check(hs, 32) Then
                        End If
                        End Sub
                        Thanks again, you've been a great help.

Gary

Comment

This thread has me wondering if I would be better to uninstall a plugin (WeatherXML) before I upgrade to HS4, or wait and upgrade first, then remove devices?
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I have got 3 ghost devices but they have only a number, no name. So I cannot see them with Device Diagnostics. They do show up though as neighbours at serveral devices. Also in the HS4 log I get connectivity errors of these ghosts.

I tried to create Homeseer devices several times but they don't show up in the 'select device' at Z-Wave Device Diagnostics.

I am using Z-wave PI version 4.1.1.0 BETA and the firmware version of my SmartStick+ 3G is 7.19.1, all running on a RPi4 PIOS 64bit.

Any ideas how to remove these ghosts? I did try the suggestions with the scripts in this thread without success.​

Comment

Originally posted by Cor View Post
                              Any ideas how to remove these ghosts? I did try the suggestions with the scripts in this thread without success.​
                              Your experience is considerably different than mine. I had names and could easily associated the devices to a plugin. If it were me, I would enter a support ticket and "hope for the best".

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X