No announcement yet.

Orphan Devices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It did not change a thing, full optimizing node 13. Also other nodes with node 4, 5 or 14 in the neighbor list did not change after optimizing.

Comment

I did find on my system the same problem. Node 19 is a device that dropped out of my controller last week. I haven’t gotten around to including it again. You will note it is listed as a neighbor to a light switch near it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	223.5 KB ID:	1599016

After optimizing the neighbor list grew. This may not be a valid test since 19 is still there. 19 is an unusual situation in my house. The actual Z-Wave device is still there with the correct HomeID and HomeSeer Devices still exist, but the node is gone in the controller. Interestingly it still functions normally, despite not being in the controller’s list. The test does show that the neighbors are updated. This is a Zooz heavy duty switch. I had one other drop out of a controller last year. I have no idea how that can happen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	120.0 KB ID:	1599017
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I think at this point you should just ignore them. They will not affect the system operation. I’m going to dig in further to see if I can figure out where these phantoms come from. On my system node 19 exists only in a HomeSeer Device and not in the controller.

Comment

So we have kind of the same problem with no solution? What I did in the recent past:

Some time ago I started using the SmartStick+ 3G and since than I have communication errors. Devices that woud not respond on commands. The commands where in the HS4 log though.
          What I also never saw before was that the switch icon of devices changes in a red question mark.

I thought these problems were due to the SmartStick firmware problems, as discussed in other threads.

What I did is excluding and including these diveces again, with the help of the Z-Tool+ app on my smartphone. When I delete a device I always repeat the delete command with the same device. Then I add the device again.

I went looking in the log and I saw that the ghost nodes 4, 5 and 14 where these devices I excluded and included some month ago. Now the node numbers are 15, 34 and 40.

Can I conclude that with the exclusion procedure something went wrong? I am carefull when excluding by deleting a device twice.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Just let me know if I can be of any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Cor View Post
              So we have kind of the same problem with no solution? What I did in the recent past:

Some time ago I started using the SmartStick+ 3G and since than I have communication errors. Devices that woud not respond on commands. The commands where in the HS4 log though.
              What I also never saw before was that the switch icon of devices changes in a red question mark.

I thought these problems were due to the SmartStick firmware problems, as discussed in other threads.

What I did is excluding and including these diveces again, with the help of the Z-Tool+ app on my smartphone. When I delete a device I always repeat the delete command with the same device. Then I add the device again.

I went looking in the log and I saw that the ghost nodes 4, 5 and 14 where these devices I excluded and included some month ago. Now the node numbers are 15, 34 and 40.

Can I conclude that with the exclusion procedure something went wrong? I am carefull when excluding by deleting a device twice.

I hope this helps.
              I honestly don’t know. I don’t think it is something you did at exclusion. I think it is something else. I’m going to look again tomorrow and see if I can cause it to happen.

Comment

Still no news on this issue?

Comment

Working...
                X