Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most devices missing after upgrade

Hello,

I am running version 4.2.12.0 and have been for some time. I decided to update today and when HS was re-run it offered the update which I accepted. Everything seemed to go ok. However when it finished I clicked devices and there were only 7 listed I had 310 devices before.

I tried re-installing and still the same, I restored the backup and still the same. Luckily I had a copy of the install directory which I changed the name back to the install directory. I was now back to the older version and as soon as I ran all my devices were back.

Has anyone had anything similar or know why this is happening.

Thank you

Ian

Your database probably got corrupted and so all you see is virtual devices. I bet all your events are gone, too. Did you enable backups in HS4? If so, restore that backup. The backup is under the tools menu on the HS4 portal. If you didn't enable backups through HS4 then do you have any other backups through a 3rd party backup program? If so, make a copy of your C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4 (the one that is broken now, just in case) and do a restore of that folder from your 3rd party backup program.

Comment

4.2.18.0 has a documented device corruption problem. It is fixed in beta 4.2.18.1 but I see the latest is 4.2.18.3.

Now that your system is healthy again, I'd shutdown, take a full backup, and use the offline update method to get to 4.2.18.3.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Hello

Thank you for the replies.

The 7 devices were actual not virtual devices and the events were still there. As mentioned even doing a backup restore did not fix the issue!

I was not aware of the 4.2.18.0 bug. I will back up again and then download 18.3, by offline do I understand this as making sure HS is shutdown and then running the install?

Thank you

Kind regards

Ian

Comment

Correct. Shutdown HS and make a full directory backup. This will ensure that no files are "in use" by another process. Then run the offline installer while HS is still shutdown. Finally, restart HS.

Download the offline installer from one of the links below.

Windows or Linux (not sure about Raspberry Pi).
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Hello,

Many thanks for your help.

I'm pleased to say 18.3 installed correctly and all the devices are present.

Kind regards

Ian

Comment

Great to hear. IMHO, 4.2.18.0 should be pulled until 4.2.19.0 released.

Comment

I would appreciate a clarification. I am at 4.2.14.0 and I would like to update in order to use conditional actions. I understand that the missing device problem was introduced in 4.2.18.0 and fixed in 4.2.18.1. I also understand the recommendation to offline update. I'm a little unclear whether I have to do a series of updates to avoid the problem (4.2.18.0, then 4.2.18.1, then 4.2.18.3) or can I just avoid the problem by doing an offline update of my 4.2.14.0 system to 4.2.18.3?

Comment

Originally posted by WinoInTraining View Post
                  I would appreciate a clarification. I am at 4.2.14.0 and I would like to update in order to use conditional actions. I understand that the missing device problem was introduced in 4.2.18.0 and fixed in 4.2.18.1. I also understand the recommendation to offline update. I'm a little unclear whether I have to do a series of updates to avoid the problem (4.2.18.0, then 4.2.18.1, then 4.2.18.3) or can I just avoid the problem by doing an offline update of my 4.2.14.0 system to 4.2.18.3?
                  The HS installer is cumulative so you can jump to 4.2.18.3. In fact, it's 4.2.18.5 now. Just copy/paste the download link above and edit the .3 to .5.

After downloading the offline installer, shutdown HS4 and make a full backup of the root HS directory and all subdirs. While still shutdown, run the offline installer. Finally restart HS4.

Comment

Thanks kenm. I figured that this was the case, but the backwards Release Notes references gave me pause. Just needed a confirmation. Thanks again.

Comment

I'm on 4.2.19.0 and I have the same problem. Something is corrupted on my system that when the system loses power unexpectedly, after the reboot, I only see few devices. It is happening all the times that I need to restore from the previous backup. I really, really, really, would appreciate any help you can give since I'm in a loss right now and I'm not sure what to do to fix it.

Comment

Are you running HS4 as a service?
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

No, I have the normal setup.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X