Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Release Announcements 4.2.18.3 is available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Release Announcements 4.2.18.3 is available!

Update through setup or see the release notes for download links.

Release notes and download links:

HS4 4.2.18.3 Release Notes​​

This release fixes new issues that were created in version 4.2.18.0. If you have installed 4.2.18.0 is recommended that you update to this release.​
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Update through setup or see the release notes for download links.

Release notes and download links:

HS4 4.2.18.3 Release Notes​​

This release fixes new issues that were created in version 4.2.18.0. If you have installed 4.2.18.0 is recommended that you update to this release.​
    rjh macromark
    Created the event below. When changing the status of the devices in the set devices part (by using Devices / Status Graphics part) the control part is not updated. As result the event did stop workking.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	110.2 KB ID:	1598019
    ---
    John

Comment

The backup warning I got about cloud backup and Myhs account is gone. I restarted the system using the restart button in the tools menu and now everything is fine. Thx.

Comment

I'm on HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.17.0 (Windows) -- can i upgrade to 4.2.18.3 or do I need to first upgrade to 4.2.18.0? In other words, can I skip 4.2.18.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Airtog View Post
          I'm on HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.17.0 (Windows) -- can i upgrade to 4.2.18.3 or do I need to first upgrade to 4.2.18.0? In other words, can I skip 4.2.18.0?

Yes. Upgrade straight to 4.2.18.3. In fact, 4.2.18.0 should have been pulled due to device data corruption issues.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by Airtog View Post

Yes. I upgraded from 4.2.16.x to the latest version with no problems. But as the release notes *clearly* state, you want to do a full backup in case you need/want to roll back since the Events format will change.

Comment

got it -- thanks

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                rjh macromark
                Created the event below. When changing the status of the devices in the set devices part (by using Devices / Status Graphics part) the control part is not updated. As result the event did stop workking.
                Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	110.2 KB ID:	1598019
                ---
                John
                macromark are you able to reproduce?

---
                John

Comment

Can you explain a bit more, I don't understand the issue?

macromark are you able to reproduce?

---
                  John

Comment

Can you explain a bit more, I don't understand the issue?

rjh

I created the event. At time of event creation the control status were respectively On and Off

Then I updated the control status to respectively Open and Closed.

I noticed that the event did not longer work and when checking the event the control actions were empty.

The issue is that control actions of an event will not be updated in case the control status of a device is updated.

Hope this explains the issue.
                    ---
                    John

Comment

So you changed the format of the status/graphics of a device and you noticed that the event controls did not change? What did you change in the status/graphics? The control values or the labels? Did you add new control values?

rjh

I created the event. At time of event creation the control status were respectively On and Off

Then I updated the control status to respectively Open and Closed.

I noticed that the event did not longer work and when checking the event the control actions were empty.

The issue is that control actions of an event will not be updated in case the control status of a device is updated.

Hope this explains the issue.
                      ---
                      John

Comment

I have the same issue with when you change the control labels it breaks the events. Been around since 4.2.7. Submitted HSCS-11819 and still in pending. Was going to be scheduled for 4.2.8 but never made it.

Matt Cave 26/Jan/22 2:53 PM

Hello James,

Thank you for your feedback, it sounds like this may have cost you some time in updating your events. I have submitted an improvement request to our engineers so that they may take a look at it. I hope that it is picked for the next release (4.2.8.0), though I cannot speak to the engineers' schedules.

I will update you hear once I have more information!

Best,
                        Matt
                        Details25/Jan/22 12:12 PM

Description and Steps to Reproduce

When you change a devices control "Status Text" you break the events in which you a using the device with the condition of "Devices Value Is"

The device in the event will still show the old "Status Text" but the event will then be broken.

Instead use the devices control "Status Text" in events use the "Status Value" and only display the control "Status Text".

This way like when you change a devices "Status Text" event won't be broken. Like being able to change device names without effecting events.

Comment

So you changed the format of the status/graphics of a device and you noticed that the event controls did not change? What did you change in the status/graphics? The control values or the labels? Did you add new control values?

rjh
                          I only changed the status text (as highlighted below). I did not add any new control values neither I did other changes.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	803
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1598343
                          ---
                          John

Comment

I believe right now we are using the labels in the events. A change was made so this would not be necessary but it was not reliable. I think this was do due to how events were created in HS3 was it was difficult to get them to work in HS4. But I will take a look at the issue and see what is going on. Ultimately we don't want to rely on the labels.

rjh
                            I only changed the status text (as highlighted below). I did not add any new control values neither I did other changes.

Views:	803
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1598343
                            ---
                            John

Comment

rjh

Device names are not case sensitive.

Step 1 edit event

Views:	940
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1598374

Step 2: Edit Event Name (control to Control)

Views:	909
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	1598375
                              Step 3: Press Save

The following message will be displayed.​

Views:	919
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1598376