Transferring HS3 system to new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring HS3 system to new computer

After a storm wiped out my Hometroller, I got a new mini PC and downloaded HS4, figuring to use my backup to restore my system.

One hiccup...my later backups were also wiped out so the backup I have available was on HS3. How can I get this backup onto HS4? I had thought to download HS3, copy the backup file, then upgrade to HS4 but I cannot find a HS3 download anywhere.

What would be the best way to get this done?

Thanks.

Look here for the steps https://docs.homeseer.com/products/s...ading-from-hs3

Comment

I know how to update from HS3 to HS4.

My problem is that my backup is HS3. I think what I need is a place to download HS3 so I can restore the backup from there then upgrade from that to HS4.

Comment

Here you can doenload HS3 https://homeseer.com/legacy-downloads/

Comment

Okay. Got it downloaded but it's not recognizing my license and password. My guess would be because that license is now associated with HS4?

Comment

Originally posted by rsc2a View Post
            Okay. Got it downloaded but it's not recognizing my license and password. My guess would be because that license is now associated with HS4?
            Open a support ticket to get that fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

Open a support ticket to get that fixed.
              For me, I got a new license for HS4 when I upgraded. HS3 will not recognize an HS4 license number.

Go here and request all of your licenses: https://homeseer.com/support-home/ and scroll down to "Software Licensing Issues".
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by rsc2a View Post
                HS3 and HS4 use different registrations.

You should be able to
                • install HS3, but do not register it
                • copy your backup of HS3 on top, overwriting everything - this will also restore licensing
                • test HS3 to make sure it runs ok
                • shut down HS3
                • uninstall HS3 - make sure you do not remove files and settings
                • install HS4
                • register HS4
                • run HS4

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Finally got it. Ended up having to delete everything in the folder and then copy the backup over. Overwriting didn't seem to work.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X