Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Any news on HS4?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by macromark View Post
    In response to the posts above regarding "subscriptions", HS4 will continue to be a locally-managed platform and we'll continue to offer free and paid versions of MyHS... as we have done for years. FYI
    Will you continue to delete posts without explanation also??

Comment

• Originally posted by Demusman View Post

Will you continue to delete posts without explanation also??
      I deleted my post related to a support staff issue and your post which was in response to that issue. Nothing of substance was deleted to my knowledge.
      Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

• Not understanding what that is all about... you don't eat your entire dinner in one single mouthful, a fire doesn't instantaneously burn half an entire island in a split of a second or almost decimates entire towns and forests in a split of a second... this crisis has been devastating us for a couple months now.

Edit - Removed remark that sounded narky as wasn't my intent.

Comment

• You know, I read many of these threads and I'm just amazed. The paid upgrades have not been many. With the last upgrade (2 to 3, how many years ago?) there were similar concerns about plugins working with one version but not another. I held off on the upgrade for some time and was probably one of the last holdouts, save a couple who may still be running v2. So 2 paid upgrades in 14 years, counting the moved to HS 4. That is a deal!

Yes, plugins will need updating. Yes, there is a fee involved. Yes, there will be issues found even after the testing. Yes, people will find all sorts of things to gripe about. But in the end we will have a better product to use. And if we don't like it, we can move on to something else. It happened with the last upgrade and will happen with the next. Just be glad upgradesfrom like this are as infrequent as they are.

Years ago I was told my job is to make everyone equally unhappy. The point was that I couldn't make everyone happy so what are my options? It was probably bad advice, honestly, but people are people and as a collective we seem to see the negative long before the positive. I don't envy the HomeSeer team. Nor do I think ill if them. I am glad they provide the product they do, ask for improvements, and try to help others here when and as best as I can. And I'm respectful of how little they have asked of me to be able to run their software.
          Karl S
          HS3Pro on Windows 10
          96 Devices
          54 Z-Wave Nodes
          37 Events
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
          Google Home: 3 Mini units

Comment

• I'm really liking that we have a planned scheduled of continued improvements coming fro HS4 for two reasons. For one the continued evolution of the product, rather than just putting it out there and coming to a halt again for many years. But two is just focussing on some core changes and then spending the time to get that right (eg stable and working well) and THEN embarking on more changes.

I'm liking this approach - though hoping it will be ongoing beyond just the current schedule (albeit that does then create resistance with moving to a future HS5 if HS4 has been an ongoing evolution).

Comment

• Originally posted by Timon View Post
              What I would like to know is any caveats on setting up HS4 in another directory on a system that is running HS3. What I hope to do is only run one at a time but have it use the same Z-Wave interfaces when each one is up. That way I can do some testing just by stopping one then starting the other. Then once I feel that HS4 is running fine I can setup boot mode to start HS3 and leave HS3 behind. I figure that this will all get sorted out once the diehards start working with HS4.
              This worked well when going from HS2 to HS3. See this thread for confirmation that HS4 and 3 can be installed on the same system.
              Karl S
              HS3Pro on Windows 10
              96 Devices
              54 Z-Wave Nodes
              37 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units

Comment

• Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                I'm really liking that we have a planned scheduled of continued improvements
                Except HS has never disclosed a timeline for anything... ever. Heck, not even a roadmap for planned new features. With all these open-source competitors emerging in the past 2 years, I sense that they are feeling the pressure is on to get with the times and add features. I truly hope that's the case and they'll let us know what features are expected when. Even something vague like "later this year" (umm, yeah, I know they said that about HS4 whahaha) would work for me if they truly mean it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post
                  something vague like "later this year" (umm, yeah, I know they said that about HS4 whahaha)
                  It was actually last year

Comment

• Originally posted by ksum View Post
                    You know, I read many of these threads and I'm just amazed. The paid upgrades have not been many. With the last upgrade (2 to 3, how many years ago?) there were similar concerns about plugins working with one version but not another. I held off on the upgrade for some time and was probably one of the last holdouts, save a couple who may still be running v2. So 2 paid upgrades in 14 years, counting the moved to HS 4. That is a deal!

Yes, plugins will need updating. Yes, there is a fee involved. Yes, there will be issues found even after the testing. Yes, people will find all sorts of things to gripe about. But in the end we will have a better product to use. And if we don't like it, we can move on to something else. It happened with the last upgrade and will happen with the next. Just be glad upgradesfrom like this are as infrequent as they are.

Years ago I was told my job is to make everyone equally unhappy. The point was that I couldn't make everyone happy so what are my options? It was probably bad advice, honestly, but people are people and as a collective we seem to see the negative long before the positive. I don't envy the HomeSeer team. Nor do I think ill if them. I am glad they provide the product they do, ask for improvements, and try to help others here when and as best as I can. And I'm respectful of how little they have asked of me to be able to run their software.
                    True Dat!

Comment

You know, I read many of these threads and I'm just amazed. The paid upgrades have not been many. With the last upgrade (2 to 3, how many years ago?) there were similar concerns about plugins working with one version but not another. I held off on the upgrade for some time and was probably one of the last holdouts, save a couple who may still be running v2. So 2 paid upgrades in 14 years, counting the moved to HS 4. That is a deal!

I have been using HST products before they were HST. I decided to buy a new PC for HS4 only because the old one is Win7 and has a large number of hours on the drives. It had been so long since I had touched the box (I think it was when I switched from ZTroller to Z-Net) that need to find the posts about moving to a new machine to know what I needed to do. That got me thinking about how stable HS3 has been even with all plug-ins and other hardware I've added (Arduino for example). That led me to thinking about what a great ROI the modest cost for upgrades to HS, HS2, HS3 and now HS4 have been. Total agree with the above.

Comment

You know, I read many of these threads and I'm just amazed...
                        ๐Ÿ‘ Thanks, much appreciated!
                        Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

• Originally posted by lhfarm View Post

I have been using HST products before they were HST. I decided to buy a new PC for HS4 only because the old one is Win7 and has a large number of hours on the drives. It had been so long since I had touched the box (I think it was when I switched from ZTroller to Z-Net) that need to find the posts about moving to a new machine to know what I needed to do. That got me thinking about how stable HS3 has been even with all plug-ins and other hardware I've added (Arduino for example). That led me to thinking about what a great ROI the modest cost for upgrades to HS, HS2, HS3 and now HS4 have been. Total agree with the above.
                          Ditto. Thanks to the entire HST team for all the awesome hard work and long nights they have put into not only this project but to Homeseer in general. I for one am looking forward to the update and appreciate all you guys do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by macromark View Post
                            ๐Ÿ‘ Thanks, much appreciated!
                            Yes, I agree about the value that we've received and I do sing the HS praise to people outside of this forum. However, I think of all these criticisms as only improving the product and ensuring that you guys remain competitive. As I've said before, you're the best HA product that meets my needs... CURRENTLY.... you're 90+% there with what I expect in HA today. The competition is creeping up, especially the amazing things the open-source HA community has come up with in the past couple of years - even if they aren't at 90%+, some have the 10% that's missing from HS. I would hate for HS to lose its edge, so some of us can't be blowing sunshine like some of these guys , but we do sincerely appreciate the effort. Amaze us with HS4 and hopefully continual incremental improvements that mirror those of your competitors.

Comment

• Two things I want and I think this is simple requests.

1. Virtual contact sensors exposed to Alexa to perform routines from
                              2. True zigbee support

Comment

• A little confused. I thought I read that HS4 was being released feb 4th in this chat, but now saw an email that itโ€™s going to beta feb 4th. Isnโ€™t it already in beta? When is the actual GA timeframe?

Comment

Working...
                                X