Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-order Your Upgrade to HS4 for 50% Off Regular Upgrade Price!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be purchasing the upgrade this week for HS4 Standard. I have no doubts that HS4 will be better and I will like it. I'm sure there will be things I won't like but there will be more that I do like than not. I can't wait till it's released. It's understandable there will be bugs when its out. That happens with all software. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post

hs pro 4...
      not sure what you mean. my point is im on a working version... why upgrade. whats the point...
      I don’t see any upgrade that costs $200. What version of HS3 are you on? HS3 Pro to HS4 Pro and HS3 Standard to HS4 Standard are $50 right now. Standard to Pro is $189, but if you are happy with Standard there would be no reason to upgrade to Pro.

Why upgrade? Same reason as to why I eventually went to HS3 from HS2, at some point new HS4 plugins that have functionality that I want will be available, support for HS3 plugins will diminish, and integration with HS3 and other technologies may stop working due to upgrades in those other technologies (IFTTT, Alexa, Google, more secure email protocols, etc.).
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

I don’t see any upgrade that costs $200. What version of HS3 are you on? HS3 Pro to HS4 Pro and HS3 Standard to HS4 Standard are $50 right now. Standard to Pro is $189, but if you are happy with Standard there would be no reason to upgrade to Pro. Why upgrade? Same reason as to why I eventually went to HS3 from HS2, at some point new HS4 plugins that have functionality that I want will be available, support for HS3 plugins will diminish, and integration with HS3 and other technologies may stop working due to upgrades in those other technologies (IFTTT, Alexa, Google, more secure email protocols, etc.).
        I agree...

Comment

I bought a HS3Pro license years ago, when it was first offered. I didn't end up using it until this past spring when I encountered a couple of Z-Wave devices that I couldn't fully implement under HS2. Same this time. I currently have no pressing need to upgrade again from HS3 to HS4, but if five or six years from now I end up in the same situation, I'll have the license to use; $50 is easy to do even if I never use the license. Essentially, I bought it now out of curiosity more than anything else. I'm still not impressed that HSPhone is being dropped, but this will give me plenty of time to either wait for a viable HS4Phone plugin (I have faith in this happening), or to find some other IVR solution I can integrate into my HA.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I'm in. Looks like great value to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              There is almost zero risk that I will not use my new license. . .eventually. The only question for me is how long I'll wait to let early adopters clear the mine fields before I jump in.
              DING! DING! DING!

Comment

I ordered the upgrade - sure would be cool if they offered people who pre-ordered the chance to run some beta code. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by grahamk View Post
                  I ordered the upgrade - sure would be cool if they offered people who pre-ordered the chance to run some beta code. :-)
                  That would be nice. I have a spare Zee S2 that would love to be put to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek
                    just put in the $50... hoping the improvements are huge and not just cosmetic, or to check a box but not fully baked or really usable.
                    A large part of the upgrade is to the GUI so it is both huge and cosmetic.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamk View Post
                      When it is actually in beta (currently in alpha) there likely will be a closed beta, followed with an open beta. The closed beta will be for people willing to agree that it is beta software and that HST nas no responsibility... After that shakes out, then you can expect an open beta.

This is only my opinion and is not based on any real knowledge
                      Randy Prade
                      Aurora, CO
                      Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        The closed beta will be for people willing to agree that it is beta software and that HST nas no responsibility... After that shakes out, then you can expect an open beta.
                        Isn't that what HST refers to as a general release?

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Good evening, I bought the update to HS4 Pro.
                          $ 49 is a good price.
                          I may be the only french to buy the update because I believe in you.
                          I hope, I say I hope that the skill for Alexa will be available in French. I installed it in English before the servers are geolocated, it works PERFECTLY, but other French can not take advantage

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Few questions about this:
                            1. How long will the promo prices run for?
                            2. Does that mean no new development will happen for HS3? Will it turn into a bugfix-mode?
                            3. (following 2) I asked for a new Alexa feature here (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...modes-to-alexa) I presume there is no chance of HS adding it to HS3 now?

Comment

Originally posted by andrey View Post
                              Few questions about this:
                              1. How long will the promo prices run for?
                              2. Does that mean no new development will happen for HS3? Will it turn into a bugfix-mode?
                              3. (following 2) I asked for a new Alexa feature here (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...modes-to-alexa) I presume there is no chance of HS adding it to HS3 now?
                              The following answers are mine, based on response from sales@homeseer.com and common sense mixed in with work experience:
                              1. Ends this week from what I was told, which seems fair for such a large discount. Twice a year HomeSeer offers discount deals (May/Nov) so there may be some sort of offer next month, but it will never be as cheap as this week. Done a lot of KickStarter pledges myself where you have sometimes no hope you'll end up with a usable product, so it was easy choice for me.
                              2. Probably same as any other software company, and you can view the changelog on HS2 on how HomeSeer did that (and might still be doing that) when they transitioned to HS3 for a rough idea. My guess is that it is just extended/maintenance-support to fix exploits/bugs.
                              3. That is the same as all the Windows Vista/7/8 users complaining that Microsoft Edge was not made available to them, and that they have to upgrade to Windows 10 to get it. Eventually a software company decides to focus on a new version instead. Sometimes upgrades are free, sometimes they are cheap, and sometimes you are screwed. HomeSeer is not doing it for free, but they are also not screwing anybody over and imho are offering a reasonable cheap solution. Choice is yours as HS3 will remain functional just fine. There is no guarantee that the Alexa feature you are after will make it into HS4 either. If a third-party makes it a plugin then perhaps it will be a HS3+HS4 hybrid plugin or they will release individual versions and might be free or a paid plugin. Have a feeling that a large group of HS3 users will go "everything works, I am not touching it!"; same reason why there are still users on HS1/HS2 with HS3 available for years.

Comment

I'm in no hurry to move to HS4, but know from experience (HS2 → HS3), that at some point I'll have no choice but to upgrade due to plugins no longer working or new plugins being unavailable on HS3. May as well buy the license now, knowing I'll eventually need it. Price seems very reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                                X