Ocelot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot

Is anyone using an ocelot with the Hometroller SE? I am having problems with the ADIOcelot plug-in. When I try to use the utility it locks up. I saw some others post about some files that have been stripped out of the Windows XP software but they where old and did not include instructions how to install them. Does this apply to the Hometroller SE?

If you are referring to the 3rd Party ADIOcelot plugin then you put the COM components that were assembled together in a zip file into the Windows/System32 folder. Since this is a protected drive you will need to first unprotect. Before doing that you can still unzip them into this folder and try it out. They will work until the next boot or until you install them when not protected.

Comment

Yes I am referring to the 3rd party plug-in. Is this the zip file you are referring to: http://board.homeseer.com/attachment...&d=1241959920?
      Do I just copy the files? Do I need to register them?

Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

It looks to be the one. From command prompt, navigate to the Windows System32 folder and use regsvr32 xxx where xxx is the individual file. Dont know about the .dll and .tlb files but do know the .ocx needs to be registered.

Comment

OK, There are already files with these names in the system32 directory. the dates are different and the file sizes are different. Do I need to replace them? If so do I need to Unregister the files before I overwrite them?

This is making me nuts

Comment

I would leave well-enough alone. You used terms "utility" and "locks up". Can you expand on what these mean? ADIOcelot uses a Windows form that could be behind other pages on the screen. Anything in the HS log from this plugin?

Comment

What I mead by Utility is the configuration window. I am aware of the hidden windows. What is happening is if I try to go into the config window from the log page. At the top of the hs log window I click on ADIOcelot and then click setup, the hs log screen will freeze. The only way to get out is to go into Task Manager and click end task. In task manager I lick on the HS1.X interface plug-in and then click on end task. after a minute or two a window pops up and says "The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable. There is nothing in the hs log.

If I go into "setup" then "interfaces" and then click on the X-10 config button the screen refreshes and the config button goes away. The hs log says "X10 interface is down restarting: ADIOcelot"

I then try to disable the plug-in by clicking on each of the enable button . they all change to disable and then I click on save. The screen refreshes and the hs log says: "Initializing interface: ADIOcelot > The RPC Server is unavailable ( exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)" Finished initializing Plugin ADIocelot. The config buttons do not come back.

I have to shut down homeseer and restart it then the config buttons will come back.

Thank you I hope this makes my problem clearer.

Comment

The HS log and ADIOcelot form will share the same process so if the software thinks the form is showing it will hold the process until a user action to close the form. Once you kill hs_compatibillity then you will need to restart HS as it is the process that negotiates between COM plugins and HS.

Even though the HS log form is frozen, there may still be error information that is going to the log text file in the HS root folder. I forget its name, but something like HS.log or HSLog.txt.

Comment

Working...
                X