Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time & Date Issues

Hi Guys,

I'm just getting started with HS so be gentle please and, I've already trawled the forums, consulted Google etc.

Every time that my Hometroller reboots it resets the location (despite my telling it otherwise) to thinking that it's on EST and in America.

Now, nothing against the US but, I happen to be in Scotland and this presents a problem in respect to sunset and sunrise times and, it's driving me nuts as I can't see to get the troller or HS to permanently understand that it's not in the USA.

I've changed the localisation.

Set lat/long manually and, it is correct.

Manually set the time/date in Windows.

Tried disabling the time auto-update in desperation.

And it still resets to thinking it's -5 hours GMT.

Any ideas as to why this is happening or has anyone come across this before?

I am well versed in the use of an XP box, that's not an issue and I am well versed in X10 etc. as I've been using HomeVision for years and, I do mean *years*, but I can't work out why this is happening. Everything I know says that the PC and HS should see the location correctly but, it just isn't playing nice.

Is there a way to by-pass the Windows time config and pull it down another way directly to HS? I'm used to setting the location in the HV software and, we're done.

Any help or pointers, even the stupid ones, would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

K.

Did you commit your changes via the HSProtect system tray icon?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp,

No, a case of RTFM I'm afraid.

I was reading all the online stuff and completely missed that!

Off to embarrassingly sort it now.

K.

Comment

Working...
      X