Troller SE malfunctions every 7-10 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troller SE malfunctions every 7-10 days

after 7 years with software based homeseer system (MAC user-parallels)bought home troller SE in december. unit would not boot and had to get flash drive and load operating system. every 7 to 10 days the unit fails or if I want to modify an event, I get a home page that has no icons and no access to the log and message 404-bad entry if I try and turn node/device on from computer. the home page that does appear is very basic-just no icons, no boxes for devices, all menu items are just listed on top of page and will not function. I have been able to reboot and though I have a good backup some of the nodes are "moved" i.e. node 26 is now 27 etc. the troller will turn devices on and off per schedule but I cannot access to modify or create new.
    Is the is home troller problem or HS3PRO problem?
    thanks

What does the memory usage look like when you start to see theses issues? Is there a plugin using a large amount of memory? Are you using any ASPX pages?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

not aware of any memory issue. only plug in is z wave. home troller is working in background i.e. lights came on at sunset today and will go off at sunrise. problem is accessing the home troller se. hs touch runs devices from i phone. when I log on to safari and my lan for address of troller I get this unusual page that does not function and I then cannot modify/ create new events etc. I have not rebooted troller today waiting for reply and since it does function. was not aware I had a problem until earlier today when I went to troller ip just to look at something in event and found "unusual" home page. I emailed a copy of the page to Homeseer 2 weeks ago when it happened again and have not had response. 2 weeks ago I rebooted troller and it came back up with "regular" looking home page. that is when my node location changed as above post node 26 is now node 27. when I go to log to look for any issue, I get just "error" and no data
      Last edited by redfish; February 3, 2014, 09:17 PM. Reason: clarify

Comment

Originally posted by redfish View Post
        not aware of any memory issue. only plug in is z wave. home troller is working in background i.e. lights came on at sunset today and will go off at sunrise. problem is accessing the home troller se. hs touch runs devices from i phone. when I log on to safari and my lan for address of troller I get this unusual page that does not function and I then cannot modify/ create new events etc. I have not rebooted troller today waiting for reply and since it does function. was not aware I had a problem until earlier today when I went to troller ip just to look at something in event and found "unusual" home page. I emailed a copy of the page to Homeseer 2 weeks ago when it happened again and have not had response. 2 weeks ago I rebooted troller and it came back up with "regular" looking home page. that is when my node location changed as above post node 26 is now node 27. when I go to log to look for any issue, I get just "error" and no data
        I'm not sure who you emailed but the proper support path is to use the help desk or paid support if you need expedited support. You should connect a monitor to the HT if you do not have one and keep up with the memory usage and CPU usage to have some useful information in the troubleshooting process. It sounds like the unit may be running out of memory based on what you are describing.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

update

I emailed John at tech support after speaking to him several times with DOA home troller se and problems after received the flash drive. I just spoke to him and sent another screen shot. I am aware of the help desk but this was a brand new home troller dead on arrival and still not working as it should.
          Of interest I just plugged monitor into troller and as soon as the serial port made connection there was a beep and now the homepage displays as it should. monitor was not even plugged in to power yet.
          Homepage is correct on my MAC and the remote monitor and I can control functions.
          tried to look at log for errors but the log only goes back 5 minutes--time when I plugged in serial port. log starts with Initializing system.
          John thought compatibility issue from my description. that is why I moved from software based on MAC running parallels to hardware hometrolller se. every time the power went out at home I had to physically disconnect the z troller and locate the port and update setup.

Comment

last update

received a replacement home troller SE and installed/named nodes yesterday and all is well.

Comment

Working...
            X