PLM Beta on Pro-100 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM Beta on Pro-100 error

Newbie question here, and I apologize ahead of time if this should be obvious. I just pulled my new Pro-100 out of the box, plugged it in, connected the PLM and installed the PLM Beta. The PLM seams to initialize and communicate properly, but when clicking the "Insteon Configuration" button, nothing happens. There is an error event and Insteon Error file generated. File is attached below.
    HomeSeer v2.2.0.20
    PLM plugin v0.0.0.6
    PLM FW v52

I have Insteon devices installed around the house but they have never been controlled by anything other than me sending insteon messages via a serial terminal program.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Attached Files

Problem solved

Well, i solved my own problem. When doing a fresh install of the PLM beta you must first install the PLC Plug-In (cancelling out of the SDM install), and then replace the dll file with the beta version.
    Works fine now.

Comment

Jon, is this correct? I closed HS, uninstalled the SDM from the Add/Remove Programs, and copied over the new DLL -

My PLM is not working well and seems to keep locking-up, requiring me to unplug it and "reboot" it.

I ordered a replacement from SH yesterday figuring something is wrong with it - perhaps this is Software based?

Appreciate your advise/direction. Seemed like I was getting very good communication with my PLC - using the PLM I get com errors, and then the PLM essentially jambs/dies, requiring power down to reset.

Comment

It sounds like a bad PLM, I have never had one hang up.

Jon

Originally posted by sca View Post
        Jon, is this correct? I closed HS, uninstalled the SDM from the Add/Remove Programs, and copied over the new DLL -

My PLM is not working well and seems to keep locking-up, requiring me to unplug it and "reboot" it.

I ordered a replacement from SH yesterday figuring something is wrong with it - perhaps this is Software based?

Appreciate your advise/direction. Seemed like I was getting very good communication with my PLC - using the PLM I get com errors, and then the PLM essentially jambs/dies, requiring power down to reset.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
        X