Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Windows XP embedded (XPe) user group

I recently bought a refurbished Pro-100 series 1 on clearance directly from HS. As mentioned in other posts, Pro-100 has the advantages of (1) energy efficient, (2) quiet, (3) small form factor. I also wanted a dedicated platform to eliminate conflicts with other applications.

I am beginning to experience issues unique to the operating system - Windows XP embedded (XPe). XPe is the stripped down OS found in industrial applications, kiosks, cash machines, etc. Are there other Pro-100 users out there who would be willing to share information about XPe and how to work with it on Pro-100?

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    This might help: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...son-W13C5.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by simonog View Post
    I am thinking of buying a Pro-100. I like the idea of a dedicated HS box, and one with no moving parts (and therefore no hard disk crashes)

Questions:

1. Does anyone know what sort of memory it uses and what i would need to get to upgrade it from 512Mb to 1Gb?
    Mark or Rich would need to comment on this question.

2. Does it run HS2 or some other version of HS?
    It's runs HSpro which is outlined here:
    http://www.homeseer.com/products/pro...HSPRO-2007.htm

3. It doesn't seem to have a forum. Is this because there aren't enough users? Or should I start one?The Pro-100 is normally a dealer only item and they tend not to visit the bulletin board as often as the DIY'ers.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    started a topic Pro-100

Pro-100

I am thinking of buying a Pro-100. I like the idea of a dedicated HS box, and one with no moving parts (and therefore no hard disk crashes)

Questions:

1. Does anyone know what sort of memory it uses and what i would need to get to upgrade it from 512Mb to 1Gb?

2. Does it run HS2 or some other version of HS?

3. It doesn't seem to have a forum. Is this because there aren't enough users? Or should I start one?

Simon
Working...
X