NTLDR Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTLDR Error

Hi i have a Pro-100 Series 1. I just did a system restore and now when it boots it says it cant find NTLDR Press CTRL+ALT+DEL. I have reinstalled it 3 times and still no luck.. Could it be a Bios boot order issue? I noticed when it installs it installs all the cdrive files to C:\drivec\foldername.... and all the ddrive files goto C:\drived\foldername. Could this be a problem with the restore disk?? I just installed a 8GB DOM but i only have a 1GB Flash Disk... on the instructions it says i need a 2GB Disk... is that the problem? Thanks
    Last edited by twa8000; April 30, 2009, 01:18 AM.
    -Tom-

I would open up a help desk ticket on this issue.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This is what I would do:

Put your HS Restore jump drive into a working PC.
      Open up the restore drive in Windows Explorer.
      Look for a directory called some like 'cdrive'.
      Is there a file in there called NTLDR?

You may have to turn off 'dont show hidden files' and 'dont show system protected files' inside your Windows Explorer.

If it is not there it may be as simple as dropping that file into the restore drives 'cdrive' folder and try one more write to your PRO-100.

~Bill

Comment

Are you using the HS System Restore Drive?

Comment

if you are using the restore flash drive from HS, sounds like the partitioning routine didn't complete sucessfully. There is batch file that partitions, formats and then uses robocopy to copy the cdrive and ddrive and then sets the partitions
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?
          I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by twa8000 View Post
            Hi i have a Pro-100 Series 1. I just did a system restore and now when it boots it says it cant find NTLDR Press CTRL+ALT+DEL. I have reinstalled it 3 times and still no luck.. Could it be a Bios boot order issue? I noticed when it installs it installs all the cdrive files to C:\drivec\foldername.... and all the ddrive files goto C:\drived\foldername. Could this be a problem with the restore disk?? I just installed a 8GB DOM but i only have a 1GB Flash Disk... on the instructions it says i need a 2GB Disk... is that the problem? Thanks
            Problem solved - running an extremely old Pro-100 Series 1 - removed the 1 gig SanDisk that came with the machine and everything restored fine the newer Pro-100's don't come with the 1 gig SanDisk

Comment

Thanks Jay, You've been very helpfully!
              -Tom-

Comment

Working...
              X