• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstalling .net 3.0 from DOM

Anyone have any idea how I do this?

Thanks

Mike

Do you have a Series 1 or Series 2 Pro-100? You will need the appropriate System Restore Flash.

Comment

I have a series 2 and the series 2 restore flash. But I'd just like to reinstall .Net 3

Thanks

Comment

You can't do that. It's either all or nothing on the restore drives. You could try backing up your current HomeSeer config and then doing a restore and then overlay your backed up files. This should get you back to where you were other than any plugin that stores data in the registry.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OK Rupp, thanks for the help. I am going to try this tonioght. I backep up the Homeseer directory to my NAS box. I can just copy back over the files once I restore, right?

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Yes - after you do the restore from the stick - update your installation to the version you are running then you can copy the HSPRO Directory back to the D Drive

Comment

Ok, did the restore and copied over my files last night. thanks for all the help guys. Anyone know offhand the latest service packs for .net 2 and 3 for Win XP Embedded?

Mike

Comment

You should not have to anything - HST updates .Net as necessary with updates. What version of HomSeer are you running? I am currently running 2.4.0.66 - here is my add and remove program
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that Kal, that was helpful.

FYI, I wanted to move to the Insteon PLM 1.5 Plugin, but I go an error. I needed the latest SP for .Net to get it to work.

Both .net 2.0 and 3.0 have SP2s out but you can only get them by installing .net 3.5, which I believe we can't do on the pro100.

However, recently .Net 2.0 did offer SP2 for DL here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

They do not show up on normal updates as far as I know.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mkotlarz View Post
                    Thanks for that Kal, that was helpful.

FYI, I wanted to move to the Insteon PLM 1.5 Plugin, but I go an error. I needed the latest SP for .Net to get it to work.

Both .net 2.0 and 3.0 have SP2s out but you can only get them by installing .net 3.5, which I believe we can't do on the pro100.

However, recently .Net 2.0 did offer SP2 for DL here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

They do not show up on normal updates as far as I know.

Mike
                    If the new Insteon plugin has new .net requirements you should let Rich know about this via a bug report help desk ticket so he can work with the Insteon developer to get the needed files incorporated into the rebuild USB installers.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                    X