PRO100 Ethernet port failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRO100 Ethernet port failure

At least I think that's what happened. The system crashed. After rebooting, the PRO100 could not see the network and the activity LED on the LAN port stays dark. Moving the cable from my switch to the second LAN port and everything comes back to life. The question is whether this is an isolated failure, or does it indicate that the 2nd port might also fail?

If the clock is ticking on this unit, is there a way to back up all my events and device information so that I could load them into a new PRO100 or HomeTroller Pro?

This is the first I've heard of a LAN port going bad but if one died the other one definitely could. The easiest way to backup your HomeSeer install is to backup your entire HomeSeer directory. This will get everything other than registry settings if you have any plugins that use that provision.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Rupp - is there a particular back-up method that you recommend? I found the ActiveBackup plug-in, but no documentation for it.

Comment

I run this command line using an event once a week to backup one of my HomeSeer installs.

xcopy "c:\Progra~1\HomeSeer HSPRO" "d:\Daily_Backup\HomeSeer HSPRO" /S /Y
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bressler View Post
          At least I think that's what happened. The system crashed. After rebooting, the PRO100 could not see the network and the activity LED on the LAN port stays dark. Moving the cable from my switch to the second LAN port and everything comes back to life. The question is whether this is an isolated failure, or does it indicate that the 2nd port might also fail?

If the clock is ticking on this unit, is there a way to back up all my events and device information so that I could load them into a new PRO100 or HomeTroller Pro?
          I run Homeseer on very similar Lex hardware to the Pro100 although my unit only has 1 LAN port. My previous hardware which was identical suffered loss of the LAN port following a lightning strike on my phone line.

The strike also took out the port on my router that HS was connected to, but strangely it didn't take out any other router ports which were also in use.

Paul..

Comment

Rupp,
            Thanks - I understand your xcopy suggestion, but as someone not an expert on embedded windows, I am not sure where to find the homeseer files. I don't see anything obvious on the C drive. And, maybe I should ask this first, is xcopy even supported on embedded windows?

Comment

Close HomeSeer down - right click on My Computer if you only have a C Drive look under Program Files copy the HomeSeer HSPro directory if you have a C and a D Drive(Data) look on the D Drive and copy the HomeSeer HSPro directory to a thumb drive or another drive and you will be good to go - backup my Pro100 with every software(HomeSeer) upgrade

Comment

Working...
              X