Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking About switching from smarthings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking About switching from smarthings.

I am currently a smartthings user. I was an insteon (ISY) users way back but devices were to $$ so I switch to Smartthings.
    One of my biggest complaints is delays with smartthings. I know because its cloud based. but.. I do rely on WebCORE quite a bit and with more complicated pistons there seems to be serious delays.
    So i am looking to making the switch to Homeseer.
    My concern is the a mount of Zigbee Device I have
    Zigbee Gear
    6 - Xiaomi Door/Window Sensor
    2 - Xiaomi Motion Sensor
    2 - Smartthings Muiltisensor
    3 - Centlite Thermostat
    5 - Centralite/Iris plugs/dimmers
    2 - Fan controllers Hampton Bay (Wink)
    1 - Centralite Keypad (Xfinity 3400)

Z-wave Gear
    2 - Cooper Aspire Scene Controllers
    2 - Aeon Home energy monitors Gen 1
    1 - zwave lock
    1 - enerwave RSM2 Dual Relay
    2 - Aeon Multisensor 6
    8 - Dimmer Switches
    3 - Mono price plugs

Other integrated gear
    2 - Garage doors - MQ
    2 - Harmony Hubs
    3 - google homes/minis
    Mobile presence Android and iPhone
    That should cover majority of the gear I have.
    I would hate to have to replace all the zigbee gear and switch it to z-wave. Can these zigbee devices be supported? Will the rest of the gear be supported?

I am also trying to understand the integration plugins
    These are the plugins I am assuming I would need? Are there ways to integrate things without the plugins?
    Harmony Hub $29.95 or Frank Thompson MeiHarmonyHub $39.95 which is better?
    Eric Fetty MyQ Software $35.99
    W.Vuyk JowiHue Software $39.95 (zigBee Devices??)

Homeseer software Standard or Pro?
    I know with pro you get the Designer are there other benefits?
    Should you get standard and upgrade to pro later? Is there a downside?

Mobile Devices used will be iPhone and Android
    What mobile apps are out there?

Web interface
    Is there a custom web interface? I ask because i have a Samsung fridge would like to control via the fridge.

Thank you in advance for the help. I look forward to chatting with everyone.
    ​​​​​​​

Just a note to say that HomeSeer software, and some hardware, is on sale right now. Software is 50% off.

https://www.homeseer.com/support/new...rent-promo.htm

Comment

Originally posted by themlruts View Post
      I am currently a smartthings user...

I would hate to have to replace all the zigbee gear and switch it to z-wave. Can these zigbee devices be supported? Will the rest of the gear be supported?

I am also trying to understand the integration plugins
      These are the plugins I am assuming I would need? Are there ways to integrate things without the plugins?
      Harmony Hub $29.95 or Frank Thompson MeiHarmonyHub $39.95 which is better?
      Eric Fetty MyQ Software $35.99
      W.Vuyk JowiHue Software $39.95 (zigBee Devices??)

Homeseer software Standard or Pro?
      I know with pro you get the Designer are there other benefits?
      Should you get standard and upgrade to pro later? Is there a downside?

Mobile Devices used will be iPhone and Android
      What mobile apps are out there?

Web interface
      Is there a custom web interface? I ask because i have a Samsung fridge would like to control via the fridge.

Thank you in advance for the help. I look forward to chatting with everyone.
      ​​​​​​
      Quite a few people have made this transition; I am not one of them but until they chime in I'll throw in my 2 cents

You should be able to use your current Zigbee devices.

There is a Homeseer Zigbee plugin (free) in the beta section

I recommend Pro, but you can start with Standard then upgrade to Pro later if you wish with no downside. The main difference are the addons included with Pro, including designer.

Homeseer has a free trial. Most of the 3rd party addons also have a free trial.

For the most part, while Addons can provide useful functionality, they are optional

There are several mobile apps; including 2 from homeseer, the latest one currently in beta. With designer you can set up your own mobile interface on HS touch.

There is at least one custom web interface that I'm aware of; HS metro; and yes you can use it with your Samsung Family Hub

Comment

I looked at that Zigbee plugin under "Beta" but there's no link to download it. If I click on the title link I get a Forbidden page. I have read that the Hometroller won't work with Zigbee at all. Is this the case? I have several Iris items that are Zigbee.

Comment

Working...
        X