Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving on ; from Vera to Homeseer..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoChess View Post

That's indeed easy, but what if you have to send out the same notification to different phones on different networks? Of course you can modify the script to repeat it for all the other email-to-text addresses,
    If you want different phones/people all you have to do is in same "notification message" add all of the address in same notification message. Simply insert a { ; } between each of the addresses that the message needs to be sent to. Does not matter if you need one ( or 12) to text address and/or one ( or 12) to different email provider accounts.

Which of course if going to text on mobile device, it can show on your smart watch if you want.

Comment

I use this method also to send to a Verizon phone and AT&T phone. Both fine and fast.

Jim

Comment

Convinced me, and did some digging, so figured a summary might be useful for others.

These are the networks I have to deal with:

AT&T SMS/Text = 10-digit wireless number, followed by @txt.att.net
        AT&T MMS/Video/Picture = 10-digit wireless number, followed by @mms.att.net

Verizon SMS/Text = 10-digit mobile number of the recipient followed by @vtext.com
        Verizon MMS/Video/Picture = 10-digit mobile number of the recipient followed by @vzwpix.com

Sprint SMS/Text = 10-digit wireless number, followed by @messaging.sprintpcs.com
        Sprint MMS/Video/Picture = 10-digit wireless number, followed by @pm.sprint.com

T-Mobile SMS/MMS = 10-digit mobile number of the recipient followed by @tmomail.net

MetroPCS SSM/MMS = 10-digit mobile number of the recipient followed by @mymetropcs.com

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
          Convinced me, and did some digging, so figured a summary might be useful for others.

These are the networks I have to deal with:
          [/INDENT]
          Good deal !

Just be mindful if any of the associated numbers your dealing with, happen to have a limit on the number of text messages and/or a data cap, they will be affected. These messages will count towards those limits.

Comment

Hello again ,

Time for some trials again. I have been setting up something to check sensors under a certain condition.
            For testing I made some virtual switches, which I use as sensors , so I can see what is happening with the logic.

-4 switched used as a "sensor". (sensor1,sensor2, etc)
            -2 switches to controll the stuff. (Master, check sensors)

What I want:
            When one of the sensors go from OFF to the ON state > switch the "check sensor" ON, but only when the "master" is ON as well, if the master is not ON , than nothing should happen.
            I was trying it with this event/condition:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-19 23_53_49-HomeSeer Web Control - Ev....jpg
Views:	116
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1334259
            But it isn't working as I expect it. The "AND IF .....master" does not make any difference in which state it is.

When one of the sensors goes to the ON state , irrespective of the state of "security master", it does the action (check sensors >ON)
            why? , how should I use the "AND IF".

Mathematical I would write what I want like this:
            (sensor1 OR sensor2 OR sensor3 OR sensor4) AND master= true , than do the action.

Can someone explain to me how I should set this up , and also how to use the "AND IF".

Many thanks,
            Cor

Comment

The event engine doesn't distribute the AND IF the way you want. So what you have there is

sensor1 OR sensor2 OR sensor3 OR (sensor4 AND master= true) , then do the action.

You need to duplicate the AND IF individually on each IF & OR IF.

Comment

zwolfpack :....... oh got it ... it is working now ... thanks,
                Cor

Comment

Another approach to use Group Conditions if applicable. Set the Group conditions to master = true. Then use the AND IF ( individually as zwoldpack explained) Group Conditions = True. Pretty much same results as zwolfpack in this situation.
                  Advantage can come in when more than one condition is needed for each. IF/OR IF.

Comment

Hello Guys.

I am coming from an after unsuccessful upgrade of firmware on my VeraPlus that took care of its life and I don't want to buy another one. I am fed up with it and after reading a lot of comments about people more inclined to be happy using homeseer, I decided it was time to do so. Hence, here I am. I will try and install HS on a old laptop next weekend.

Good to be here. I hope I get more satisfied than before.

Comment

Welcome to HomeSeer... I've had great success with all 3 versions since I started this game back in 2003. I would recommend a dedicated system which you keep clean and never browse the net with. And If you plan things out carefully and move slowly learning the technology, you'll have a great reliable system. Good luck!
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                        Welcome to HomeSeer... I've had great success with all 3 versions since I started this game back in 2003. I would recommend a dedicated system which you keep clean and never browse the net with. And If you plan things out carefully and move slowly learning the technology, you'll have a great reliable system. Good luck!
                        Thanks! I am eager to see HS working... I hope I don't need too much help...

Comment

Working...
                        X