Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrating from Wink Hub to Homeseer

Hi;

I'm new to Homeseer. I'm trying to get started with the HomeTroller Zee S2 hub. I've gotten through the start up procedure but I'm now trying to get my devices active.

I've been using Wink for some time. Do I need to "disconnect" my devices from Wink first?

Devices I'm using are:
    Schlage locks - I assume this is Z wave device but can’t seem to find it.
    Lutron Caseta dimmers and pico remote - Not using the bridge. Do I now need to use the bridge to access this device.
    iHome plug in on/off switches - Are these not supported by Homeseer?
    Cree lightbulbs - Not supported?

Thanks for any help in getting started.

For any zwave devices you will need to remove them from their existing zwave network and add them to the new zwave network.

For the locks you can determine if they are zwave by the model number

I have a few Lutron dimmers and picoc. You will need the bridge and a 3rd party driver.

The ihome and cree I am not sure.

Comment

- If your devices are Z-Wave then yes you would need to remove/delete their association from their current Z-Wave interface and then added to the new ZeeS2 Z-Wave interface.
      - I'm not too familiar with Lutron Caseta but I believe you will have to use a 3rd party plugin for these devices. Check out the HS3 updater using Plugins > Manage and slide down to the Additional Interfaces and expand this. The Lutron Caseta plugin is listed under Lighting & Primary Technology. All of HS3 plugins come with a free 30 day trial to see if you like what they offer.
      - Have a look at the beta CPS Tuya plugin for the iHome devices as I believe this will work or at least the plugins author will be able to tell you if it will work with your devices. Here's a direct link to the forum. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ps-tuya-bsobel
      - Hopefully someone else will chime in on the cree bulbs as I know there's a 3rd party plugin but I've not used these at all.

πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by hamburger99 View Post
        Hi;

I'm new to Homeseer. I'm trying to get started with the HomeTroller Zee S2 hub. I've gotten through the start up procedure but I'm now trying to get my devices active.

I've been using Wink for some time. Do I need to "disconnect" my devices from Wink first?

Devices I'm using are:
        Schlage locks - I assume this is Z wave device but can’t seem to find it.
        Lutron Caseta dimmers and pico remote - Not using the bridge. Do I now need to use the bridge to access this device.
        iHome plug in on/off switches - Are these not supported by Homeseer?
        Cree lightbulbs - Not supported?

Thanks for any help in getting started.
        I migrated from wink to HS last year as well and had 3 lutron lights

Lutron uses its own frequency and radio band 433mhz. The wink hub has a lutron radio built in so switching to homeseer means you have 2 choices if you want to keep your lutron caseta lights.

1 Buy the bridge, you need the pro bridge if you want the pico remotes to be able to control other homeseer devices, and the lutron plugin for homeseer. Cost will be around 200USD for bridge and plugin. (for me it was cheaper to just replace my 3 caseta lights with zwave dimmers for $50 each)

2 Or you can modify your winkhub if its a V1 and use it as a bridge in homeseer. This option is very technical and requires hardware modifications, software modifications, and a lot of DIY. But it is possible. I hacked my wink hub v1 to use as a bridge for lutron in homeseer with local control. Still working on the control part but its 95% there and will be possible to make it work fully. it's just configuration at this point.

Comment

Working...
        X