Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move from Vera to homeseer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Move from Vera to homeseer


  • #2
    I'm mid transition myself from Vera Edge. Although it needs a PC, the Vera has caused many a sleepless nights rebooting itself when it was supposed to be a mini security system.

    The good news, everything you can do in PLEG, I've been able to do in HomeSeer. Normally using normal events...but sometimes more advance items like counters or timers.

    Comment


    • #3
      I also came from vera lite's and edges (still own but don't use 3 of them)

      I was already running blueiris on Pc's so I added the z-wave stick and HS3 windows and have been happy ever since. Just got HStouch and I like it but have issues with iPhones and the app. So it's not perfect but much better then VERA. I haven;t spent to much. Bought 3 plugins and HS3 and touch 50% off and z-wave stick.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am coming from Vera Lite, Vera 3 and last a Vera Plus. As much as I loved what Vera could do, it has never been stable, and problems became unbearable when I switched to the Vera Plus. Nearly 4 months of daily email exchanges with Vera support, none of the problems had been solved in all this time. I had to redo my whole system 3 times, 70 devices, 4 big PLEGs. They then told me I had to start again. I had enough. Had the HS3 system now for a week, and finally turned my Vera off yesterday. I still have not included everything, and I am just starting with some logic and timers. First impressions are great. I am very impressed what I can do with the events, how easy and flexible it is. And the system is super quick. Remote access with Vera was always a problem, no matter what browser they kept crashing and freezing. Seems a lot more stable with HS.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've ran my hs3 pi for a couple of months now.
          It's doing things Vera could old do with loads of luup code and debugging.
          Vera was slow and not consistent.
          The only problem I have had is the micro sd card slot clip failed and the card popped out.
          The system still ran but no logging and I could access the gui remotely.

          Vera is no more than a gateway. HS is a control system



          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gd1210 View Post

            Vera is no more than a gateway. HS is a control system
            I suspect this quote will be on Mark's wall shortly

            Z

            Comment


            • #7
              I too am in the process of converting over from Vera. Had a Vera 3 on UI5 for a couple of years. Had descent success with what i was doing (pretty simple stuff). I took the plunge and upgraded to the Plus model not long ago, and it was a total disaster. All the warnings i read about dropping devices and issues with remote access in UI7 had all come true. I had looked at Homeseer several times in the past, but as was mentioned earlier, it was a bit pricey. The combination of the May sale and the chaos i was currently in with Vera pushed me to purchase HS3 Pro, and so far, i've been extremely satisfied with that decision.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by techguy76 View Post
                I too am in the process of converting over from Vera. Had a Vera 3 on UI5 for a couple of years. Had descent success with what i was doing (pretty simple stuff). I took the plunge and upgraded to the Plus model not long ago, and it was a total disaster. All the warnings i read about dropping devices and issues with remote access in UI7 had all come true. I had looked at Homeseer several times in the past, but as was mentioned earlier, it was a bit pricey. The combination of the May sale and the chaos i was currently in with Vera pushed me to purchase HS3 Pro, and so far, i've been extremely satisfied with that decision.
                I think we should create a Vera Support Group. Seems people are dropping them like hotcakes right now. UI7 is what did it for me too last year.

                The software for HS is pricey, but have officially learned that you get what you pay for and even the cost of the software and plugins doesn't compare to what I have paid in switches .

                Welcome, it's nice here.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                  I think we should create a Vera Support Group. Seems people are dropping them like hotcakes right now. UI7 is what did it for me too last year.

                  The software for HS is pricey, but have officially learned that you get what you pay for and even the cost of the software and plugins doesn't compare to what I have paid in switches .

                  Welcome, it's nice here.

                  I will happily chair that group.

                  There should also be a 12 step program on the MCV forum to help all the Vera folks admit that they have a problem and make the changes needed to live a better life.
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Moved post to dedicated 'Vera migration' sub forum

                      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...23#post1250123
                      Last edited by tyfoon; June 11th, 2016, 02:55 PM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X