Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smartthings Zwave sensors compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smartthings Zwave sensors compatibility?

I have some Smartthings brand motion sensors, and water leak sensors. I can't seem to get them to work with Homeseer, but I'm not sure if it is just that I didn't remove them properly from Smartthings. Are they compatible? Or are they Smartthings's proprietary Z-Wave?

You can remove their network info from within HS (Plug-Ins - Z-Wave - Controller Management - Actions - Remove/Exclude a Node) or try resetting them to factory defaults. There is a manufacturer's class in z-wave that does allow for proprietary features, but I would expect the basic features to work without any problems. What does the HS log show when you try to add them?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

To expand on what Al said, if they were not properly excluded from the Smartthings controller, using the HomeSeer Exclude function will remove any associations that might remain to Smartthings - even if they have never been included in HomeSeer. It is a good practice to get in the habit of Excluding first, even on brand new devices, but especially on devices that have been used.
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Nevermind, these are Zigbee devices. ;-(
        Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
        SmartThings SmartSense Motion Sensor

Error, the Add Node response object is null and a normal ending was not reported - Add Node failed.

Comment

Working...
        X