Lua code or alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lua code or alternative?

HomeSeer uses VB.net or C#.net code so you would want to convert your Lua code to this to do the equivalent.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      HomeSeer uses VB.net or C#.net code so you would want to convert your Lua code to this to do the equivalent.
      thanks. still wondering... where do you put the code? I have been looking around the event creation UI, and can't seem to find the location?

Comment

When you set the Event to:
        Then run script, this exposure the configuration.

Physical location is HomeSeer_directory/Scripts

Comment

ah. thanks. Now if i just knew how to covert the code :-)

Comment

As the event engine is more power OOTB, you may not need as much scripts as you did in Vera.

Have a search for the Homeseer Event Clinic which will provide a sound basis for the capabilities and logic that HS uses

See http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172984

For script development there is a corresponding thread to match the external link provided below
            http://tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenScriptAid/default.aspx

Comment

FYI - We use HSTouch on the screens around the office and have events created that switch these screens to specific camera screens when doors are opened. Basically, we're doing what the OP wants to do with built-in event actions (no scripts needed). Of course, you do need to be using HSTouch for this.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                FYI - We use HSTouch on the screens around the office and have events created that switch these screens to specific camera screens when doors are opened. Basically, we're doing what the OP wants to do with built-in event actions (no scripts needed). Of course, you do need to be using HSTouch for this.

Yes, and as this supports direct RSTP feed it is great. I would love it more if it supported webRTC too.

ImperiHome can also do similar capabilities.

Comment

Here over the years have mostly utilized events intermixed with some custom scripting. I could have done much of what I did in scripts via events and triggers.

Similar to what Mark mentions and what the OP is wanting to do here do the same with CCTV pop ups coming under the direction of the mother ship via easy peasy homeseer triggers on my HSTouch clients (16 running 24/7 here).
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

wow..... still reeling from the additional power of the events engine vs. Vera.

The image above looks like exactly what i want to do.

Comment

Lua code or alternative?

To balance the visual aspects that HS Touch offers wrt what you are trying to achieve and there is more, but the learning curve must be overcome.

This is what both Mark and Pete are identifying as their setup and hence when you hear that HS is more capable and powerful, this is only touching the very outside of the box.

Last edited by brientim; November 18, 2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

@Tom, here have been tinkering with microrouters with custom OpenWRT (and LUA) OS on them.

Current stuff is with a microrouter about 1" X 2" using OpenWRT.

I am using it as a firewall / router / automation device today.

It has 2 NICs, Wireless, serial in/out / USB in/out, RTC with battery and a 1-wire temperature sensor.

It is inside of my OmniPro 2 can and communicates to HS3.

Kind of similiar to using an RPi or Arduino as a slave to HS3.

Here is a drawing using my first testing micro router. Newer one is about 75% smaller.

It has been installed / used now for over 6 months and never skips a beat.
                        Attached Files
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Driving screens on HS3Touch to change on events is a piece of piss as they say.
                          HS3Touch is really good. I've found mixed results though based on platform and complexity.
                          It's almost a mini scada system

Around the home I'd certainly say that's an option.
                          Mobile though ImperiHome is still the best option. I'm not sure you can drive what screen is viewed there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gd1210 View Post
                            Mobile though ImperiHome is still the best option. I'm not sure you can drive what screen is viewed there though.
                            yes you can using the control API, but it only works on Android, see this post:
                            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...42#post1234642

Comment

Working...
                            X