PLEG alternative for "fake" lighting associations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEG alternative for "fake" lighting associations

SO, in Vera, I had a PLEG routine that when I turned ON/OFF one light, it automatically turned on/off another. Worked really well; very minimal delay.

Tried this using events in HS, and it doesn't work because of the polling.

what's weird is that one of these setups is with a Leviton RF dimmer (i'm pretty sure), although that doesn't seem to be working with instant status either.

Either way, is there a way to do this in HS? From what I know (and read), I should NOT change the polling, which I totally get.

thanks.

What kind of Leviton dimmer? I have a number of events that act on a light switch being turned on/off. Works fine without polling for my Leviton switches. Maybe post a screen shot of your event.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      What kind of Leviton dimmer? I have a number of events that act on a light switch being turned on/off. Works fine without polling for my Leviton switches. Maybe post a screen shot of your event.

Cheers
      Al
      Is there a way to tell from within HS on the config page?

weird thing is even after the polling time has passed, it still didn't show the status on the dashboard.
      Attached Files

Comment

What model number is the dimmer? There are a few Levitons that don't support instant status. Also try optimizing the device a few times followed by a Full Optimize.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Comment

What model number is the dimmer? There are a few Levitons that don't support instant status. Also try optimizing the device a few times followed by a Full Optimize.

I'll try the optimize idea.

is there a way to find the model number without finding the manual?

And either way... why would there be nothing set for polling? i'm seeing this with quite a few devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
            I'll try the optimize idea.

is there a way to find the model number without finding the manual?

And either way... why would there be nothing set for polling? i'm seeing this with quite a few devices.

I don't think there's a way to tell without checking the switch itself if you don't know what it is. If a device supports instant status, polling is disabled by default.

Comment

I don't think there's a way to tell without checking the switch itself if you don't know what it is. If a device supports instant status, polling is disabled by default.

That would explain why the polling is disabled... any setting somewhere that turns off instant status?

Comment

i sent an email to support.

in looking at this throughout the day... none of the 3 leviton dimmers seem to be reporting status to HS3, even after the polling period (if there is one). so both polling, and possible instant status aren't working.

Comment

That would explain why the polling is disabled... any setting somewhere that turns off instant status?
                  Not on Leviton switches. It's always on. Check to make sure HomeSeer is associated on Group 1.

Comment

Not on Leviton switches. It's always on. Check to make sure HomeSeer is associated on Group 1.
                    it is on one switch, but still not reporting status.

on the other two, there are no associations available, and polling is set to 20 minutes, 58 seconds????

i'm guessing the first is the RF+ kind that supports association and instant status... and that is the one i'm trying to do this scene with.

is a 20 minute poll normal? wasn't vera more like 60 seconds?

I never did like how leviton seemed to work. I'll bet i have to power cycle these f'ers.

Comment

it is on one switch, but still not reporting status.

on the other two, there are no associations available, and polling is set to 20 minutes, 58 seconds????

i'm guessing the first is the RF+ kind that supports association and instant status... and that is the one i'm trying to do this scene with.

is a 20 minute poll normal? wasn't vera more like 60 seconds?

I never did like how leviton seemed to work. I'll bet i have to power cycle these f'ers.
                      Most levitons have instant status, however in the past couple of years, they started offering "cheaper" versions that lacked it. This is due to the licensing needed for instant status. (I could be wrong that the cheapers ones lack instant status, but I seem to remember that being one of the reasons they are cheaper).

You can take the faceplate off the wall and on the metal surround of the switch it should have a sticker that tells you the model number. Look at the image attached. At least you don't have to pull it out.
                      Attached Files

Comment

@sirmeili thanks....

i do remember that... actually from a forum on vera:
                        http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...,26227.75.html

Someone had created a hack.

what i'm also wondering if they don't support instant status, why the large polling status number?

My GE switches, which don't support it, report back to HS in a few seconds it seems. (and they have the 20 minute setting as well)

Comment

@sirmeili thanks....

i do remember that... actually from a forum on vera:
                          http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...,26227.75.html

Someone had created a hack.

what i'm also wondering if they don't support instant status, why the large polling status number?

My GE switches, which don't support it, report back to HS in a few seconds it seems.
                          Remember, polling is HS asking what the status is and happens regardless of when the switch was later operated. I only have one of the "cheaper" switches and to be honest, I can't remember where I have it. I don't depend too heavily on Instant status.

I don't know why the polling number is so high, but also remember that if you do it every minute you are adding congestion to the network and may slow down other things (potentially).

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                            Remember, polling is HS asking what the status is and happens regardless of when the switch was later operated. I only have one of the "cheaper" switches and to be honest, I can't remember where I have it. I don't depend too heavily on Instant status.

I don't know why the polling number is so high, but also remember that if you do it every minute you are adding congestion to the network and may slow down other things (potentially).
                            i get that. Funny that it's the same number for my GE/Jasco switches. There is definitely something going on here.

Comment

Working...
                            X