Failed sending save command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed sending save command

I'm seeing this command about once every 1-2 days in my log...
    Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Bonus Room Light Right couch lamp
    Doesn't seem to be tied to a particular device but pretty random around the house.

I'm wondering how useful this software might be to help troubleshoot, since its on sale?

for example, will this help me diagnose if my single znet is starting to become overloaded?

The error means that HS did not get a response from the device after it tried to control it. It may have actually changed, but if HA did not get a response, it will be marked as unknown. This could be due to other zwave traffic. One thing to try is setting the timeout to a higher value on the \zwaveconfig page. This tool won’t really help you troubleshoot to that level. It will show routes and neighbors, but you can see that on the node information page. How many devices do you have on the znet? I have 124 nodes on mine and a fair amount of traffic due to all the power monitoring I do.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The timeout is currently set to 8...thoughts on what to change it to?

I have 75 nodes across a 4000 sq.ft. house. I've actually turned off a bunch of the power monitoring to reduce log traffic as I don't do anything with that data.

Comment

I would recommend turning off all polling as well using the option on th Z-Wave plugin link on the plugins page. Most modern devices do not need to be polled and this could free up some Z-Wave traffic.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          I would recommend turning off all polling as well using the option on th Z-Wave plugin link on the plugins page. Most modern devices do not need to be polled and this could free up some Z-Wave traffic.
          Funny, I actually asked about this in a different thread yesterday. I remember there was some good info on this but couldn't find the recos.

almost all my dimmers are newer HS200s... but most of my lamp modules are older jasco brand. They are used mostly in event scenes, so not sure polling is that important anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
            The timeout is currently set to 8...thoughts on what to change it to?

I have 75 nodes across a 4000 sq.ft. house. I've actually turned off a bunch of the power monitoring to reduce log traffic as I don't do anything with that data.
            I think the default is 2. I have mine set to 4 and rarely see issues like that. 4000 sq feet over how many stories? If 1, then having one z-net towards each end may makes sense. I have about 4000 sq feet too, but over 3 levels so about 1300 sq ft per level and the z-net relatively central in the middle level, so most devices have a direct route.

Comment

3 stories as well, with the znet on the middle floor, albeit on the side of the house.

funny, I never changed that timeout, so not sure how it moved if the default is 2.

remind me how I see if the devices have a direct route? EDIT: found it

Comment

Some of these routes are crazy hops in weird directions. 2 HD200s next to each other...one direct, the other through two nodes. I set most of the HD200s to direct to see what would happen.

any issues on changing them?

Comment

Some of these routes are crazy hops in weird directions. 2 HD200s next to each other...one direct, the other through two nodes. I set most of the HD200s to direct to see what would happen.

any issues on changing them?
                  No issue to try and change them. If they can’t communicate direct they’ll change routes again. I find in my house that switches in multi-gang boxes are more likely not to communicate directly, especially the middle ones in gang boxes 3 or larger.

Comment

I guess that makes sense, but you'd expect it to communicate with one of the switches on the left or the right wouldn't you?

Comment

I guess that makes sense, but you'd expect it to communicate with one of the switches on the left or the right wouldn't you?
                      Some times that happens, but not always. With RF too strong a signal can be as bad as too weak a signal.

Comment

Coming back to this to close off (for now)... I changed most of my HS200 dimmers to direct, and they have all stayed that way.

I have not received an error since...will continue to monitor. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Side note, how do I change\edit the title of a post. Autofill screwed this one up and I didn't catch it...

Comment

funny, I never changed that timeout, so not sure how it moved if the default is 2.
                            Never changed mine and it was set to 8. So I suppose 8 is the default.

Comment

Working...
                            X