Z-tool won't connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-tool won't connect

Just added my SmartStick to a Windows Server where I'm running HS3. But when I boot z-tool+ on my iphone and select the server, all the buttons stay grey. Eventually I get "Error connecting to homeseer, version 3.0.0.194 or later is required, or JSON disabled:An error occurrred while sending the request".

If it helps, Z-wave plugin is version 3.0.1.190 and HS3 is 3.0.0.435.

Support info is here:

Current Date/Time: 7/4/2018 7:25:13 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Essentials - Domain Controller
    System Uptime: 0 Days 21 Hours 2 Minutes 8 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.200
    Number of Devices: 0
    Number of Events: 0
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Most likely a firewall or anti-virus blocking access on your server.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks - any recommendations for what port (or otherwise) I might need to open on the firewall to get it working?

Comment

was the zstick brand new?

I found the same issue as I'd originally used the stick as a secondary controller, I factory reset the stick and as primary controller Ztool was able to use it.

Comment

I had already used it with a separate controller. Sounds maybe the same issue? How do you factory reset the stick?

Comment

I'll be honest, I couldn't figure out how to factory reset the stick on homeseer.

I installed Domoticz (free) on my PC and used the Zwave tools on it to do a factory reset of the stick.

When I reconnected to Homeseer I saw the network ID was different to the last time and it worked with no issues.

Comment

Yuck . Maybe I'll call HomeSeer tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfraser05 View Post
                I'll be honest, I couldn't figure out how to factory reset the stick on homeseer.

I installed Domoticz (free) on my PC and used the Zwave tools on it to do a factory reset of the stick.

When I reconnected to Homeseer I saw the network ID was different to the last time and it worked with no issues.

Comment

Thanks! Did that reset, but z-tool+ is still failing . JSON disabled: an error occurred while sending the request.

Comment

Made progress - what @Rupp said helped. It looks like it's the Domain firewall on Windows Server that's blocking it. When I disable it, it works ok.

Anyone know how to add a rule to explicitly allow z-tool+ through when in network?

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
                      Made progress - what @Rupp said helped. It looks like it's the Domain firewall on Windows Server that's blocking it. When I disable it, it works ok.

Anyone know how to add a rule to explicitly allow z-tool+ through when in network?
                      I have not messed with it enough to know it's port requirements other than port 80 to get to the HS Web interface. I don't use z-tool much as I just use the normal interface from a tablet when roaming around adding devices.

Comment

Were you ever able to get past the JSON error message? I've been unable to get ZTool to work on my Pixel 2XL, with the Z-Net ethernet adapter on Hometroller 6 with HS3 3.0.0.435 .
                        Of course, the list of things I can't get to work right with Homeseer far outstrips the things I can get to work right.

Comment

Same issue as TexARC - get various errors form the z-tool+ app on my s8. Z-net adapter is green and connected to server... HS3 3.0.0.435 . Thinking it may be related to having the server running in a VM. Any thoughts?

Comment

Same as everyone else... I have a SmartStick+ and a Z-net. Both work just fine. Z-Seer seems to work (although it refuses to see the Z-net interface). But Z-tool+ refuses to connect. I have tried opening ports 10200, 10400, and 10401 which HS3 has listening... but no luck... Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with z-tool+, but I never get any error messages. The buttons just stay grey. I disabled the firewall on the local network on my S6 Pro, and then it connected as normal. If I knew which port it needed I could unblock it.

Comment

Working...
                              X