Z-tool won't connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-tool won't connect

Just added my SmartStick to a Windows Server where I'm running HS3. But when I boot z-tool+ on my iphone and select the server, all the buttons stay grey. Eventually I get "Error connecting to homeseer, version 3.0.0.194 or later is required, or JSON disabled:An error occurrred while sending the request".

If it helps, Z-wave plugin is version 3.0.1.190 and HS3 is 3.0.0.435.

Support info is here:

Current Date/Time: 7/4/2018 7:25:13 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Essentials - Domain Controller
    System Uptime: 0 Days 21 Hours 2 Minutes 8 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.200
    Number of Devices: 0
    Number of Events: 0
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Most likely a firewall or anti-virus blocking access on your server.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Made progress - what @Rupp said helped. It looks like it's the Domain firewall on Windows Server that's blocking it. When I disable it, it works ok.

Anyone know how to add a rule to explicitly allow z-tool+ through when in network?

Comment

Finally got the no connection (grayed out buttons; JSON error; GetInterfaces error)... need to open the firewall to allow both the JSON port (11000 is the default) AND, that was the big one, the main URL Port for HS3 -- in my case 85. That allows it to get to the interfaces and then the 11000 for all the rest... sigh

Comment

I'm having this issue to running with HS4. Looks like all firewall ports are open for HS4.

Comment

I'm having this issue adding devices to a HomeTroller Pi Hub on HS4. I get same message Larrywal32 received, "Error connecting to homeseer, version 3.0.0.194 or later is required, or JSON disabled:An error occurred while sending the request". A reboot did not help.

Comment

For what ever reason, Z-tool started working. I do not know why. I could select from my old Zee on HS3 and the Pi on HS4 and exclude and include devices easily. It really helped as I removed devices from the Zee and added them to the Pi. Then, two days ago, it refused to show the selection, when it comes up it has one of the addresses showing but connect does not work. You can highlight the address and change it but it still won't connect.

Comment

Working...
              X