Z-tool won't connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-tool won't connect

Just added my SmartStick to a Windows Server where I'm running HS3. But when I boot z-tool+ on my iphone and select the server, all the buttons stay grey. Eventually I get "Error connecting to homeseer, version 3.0.0.194 or later is required, or JSON disabled:An error occurrred while sending the request".

If it helps, Z-wave plugin is version 3.0.1.190 and HS3 is 3.0.0.435.

Support info is here:

Current Date/Time: 7/4/2018 7:25:13 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Essentials - Domain Controller
    System Uptime: 0 Days 21 Hours 2 Minutes 8 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.200
    Number of Devices: 0
    Number of Events: 0
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Most likely a firewall or anti-virus blocking access on your server.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Made progress - what @Rupp said helped. It looks like it's the Domain firewall on Windows Server that's blocking it. When I disable it, it works ok.

Anyone know how to add a rule to explicitly allow z-tool+ through when in network?

Comment

Finally got the no connection (grayed out buttons; JSON error; GetInterfaces error)... need to open the firewall to allow both the JSON port (11000 is the default) AND, that was the big one, the main URL Port for HS3 -- in my case 85. That allows it to get to the interfaces and then the 11000 for all the rest... sigh

Comment

I'm having this issue to running with HS4. Looks like all firewall ports are open for HS4.

Comment

I'm having this issue adding devices to a HomeTroller Pi Hub on HS4. I get same message Larrywal32 received, "Error connecting to homeseer, version 3.0.0.194 or later is required, or JSON disabled:An error occurred while sending the request". A reboot did not help.

Comment

For what ever reason, Z-tool started working. I do not know why. I could select from my old Zee on HS3 and the Pi on HS4 and exclude and include devices easily. It really helped as I removed devices from the Zee and added them to the Pi. Then, two days ago, it refused to show the selection, when it comes up it has one of the addresses showing but connect does not work. You can highlight the address and change it but it still won't connect.

Comment

Just did a delete HS3, install HS4 to same CPU, it installed, I added the Z-Wave plugin and it appears normal. ZTools+ refuses the IP address, with this message: Error GetInterfacesList Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter Name: Index
                I deleted and reinstalled the app, no change. What am I missing? I didn't change any setting on my router such as the ports. It is something simple, right?

Comment

And yes it was simple. I did not initialize the ZWave network after I created it.

Comment

I had the same issue today when I tried to add a device using an iphone. I added the port number to the IP address of the server and it no longer gave me the error message and connected. I tried using a windows phone and it wouldn't even let me add the server IP.

EDIT: Funny, the windows phone now works again with just the IP address.

Comment

Having the same issue, anyone really figure it out. It was working fine, Now I am getting the same error message everyone else did. Is z tools the only program that works with HomeSeer? Thanks for any help!

danielbo

Comment

New HS4 user here (setting up my HomeTroller Pi) and having a similar connection issue with Z-Tool+ on my iPhone with iOS 14:

Error connecting to HomeSeer:Response status code does not indicate success: 408 (Request Time-out)

I'm wondering if this is because of the new local network security settings in iOS 14. Apps normally prompt for access to the local network, and Z-Tool+ is not doing this. It doesn't appear in the list of apps under Privacy > Local Network so I think it's being silently blocked. It looks like the app hasn't been updated in 3 years.

edit: interesting: after adding my first Z-Wave device manually, the next time I tried Z-Tool+ it did prompt for local network access, and once granted, connected to my controller.

Comment

For me, the issue was iOS 14 and the local network access permissions. I had to delete the app and re-install it as iOS didn't create the network profile under System Preferences and therefore didn't have local network access permissions. Uninstalling the z-Tool+ app and re-installing it created the prompt to allow Network Access and all was well afterwards.

Comment

I'm having similar issues with Z-tool+. Will not connect even though it sees the controller IP address. Re-installing didn't help. I've turned off firewalls to see if that was problem, nope. Rebooted the HS4 server, no change.

Any ideas please?

Comment

I'm getting this issue, too. I see people mention firewall settings but am not sure how to do what is being suggested. FWIW I found the url for my Z-Net using find.myhs... and typed it into Chrome on my phone while connected to WIFI and I was able to get to the configuration screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X