Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Z-tool won't connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomgru
    replied
    I'm now getting the ""Error connecting to homeseer, version 3.0.0.194 or later is required, or JSON disabled:An error occurrred while sending the request". when I try this on my android phone.

Support had me back off the zwave beta back the release... thought that might be it. Reinstalled beta - no go.
    Tried ecetron advice with the two ports... still doesn't work.
    Tried just turning the Firewall off... nope.

I use this all the time,... any ideas what to try next?

Leave a comment:

• ecetron
    replied
    Finally got the no connection (grayed out buttons; JSON error; GetInterfaces error)... need to open the firewall to allow both the JSON port (11000 is the default) AND, that was the big one, the main URL Port for HS3 -- in my case 85. That allows it to get to the interfaces and then the 11000 for all the rest... sigh

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    I am having the same problem. I disabled the local firewall but that didn't help. Any input is appreciated...

Leave a comment:

• jayph
    replied
    I'm having the same problem with z-tool+, but I never get any error messages. The buttons just stay grey. I disabled the firewall on the local network on my S6 Pro, and then it connected as normal. If I knew which port it needed I could unblock it.

Leave a comment:

• ecetron
    replied
    Same as everyone else... I have a SmartStick+ and a Z-net. Both work just fine. Z-Seer seems to work (although it refuses to see the Z-net interface). But Z-tool+ refuses to connect. I have tried opening ports 10200, 10400, and 10401 which HS3 has listening... but no luck... Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• CharizardsFire
    replied
    Same issue as TexARC - get various errors form the z-tool+ app on my s8. Z-net adapter is green and connected to server... HS3 3.0.0.435 . Thinking it may be related to having the server running in a VM. Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• TexARC
    replied
    Were you ever able to get past the JSON error message? I've been unable to get ZTool to work on my Pixel 2XL, with the Z-Net ethernet adapter on Hometroller 6 with HS3 3.0.0.435 .
    Of course, the list of things I can't get to work right with Homeseer far outstrips the things I can get to work right.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
    Made progress - what @Rupp said helped. It looks like it's the Domain firewall on Windows Server that's blocking it. When I disable it, it works ok.

Anyone know how to add a rule to explicitly allow z-tool+ through when in network?
    I have not messed with it enough to know it's port requirements other than port 80 to get to the HS Web interface. I don't use z-tool much as I just use the normal interface from a tablet when roaming around adding devices.

Leave a comment:

• larrywal32
    replied
    Made progress - what @Rupp said helped. It looks like it's the Domain firewall on Windows Server that's blocking it. When I disable it, it works ok.

Anyone know how to add a rule to explicitly allow z-tool+ through when in network?

Leave a comment:

• larrywal32
    replied
    Thanks! Did that reset, but z-tool+ is still failing . JSON disabled: an error occurred while sending the request.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisfraser05 View Post
    I'll be honest, I couldn't figure out how to factory reset the stick on homeseer.

I installed Domoticz (free) on my PC and used the Zwave tools on it to do a factory reset of the stick.

When I reconnected to Homeseer I saw the network ID was different to the last time and it worked with no issues.

Leave a comment:

• larrywal32
    replied
    Yuck . Maybe I'll call HomeSeer tomorrow...

Leave a comment:

• chrisfraser05
    replied
    I'll be honest, I couldn't figure out how to factory reset the stick on homeseer.

I installed Domoticz (free) on my PC and used the Zwave tools on it to do a factory reset of the stick.

When I reconnected to Homeseer I saw the network ID was different to the last time and it worked with no issues.

Leave a comment:

• larrywal32
    replied
    I had already used it with a separate controller. Sounds maybe the same issue? How do you factory reset the stick?

Leave a comment:

• chrisfraser05
    replied
    was the zstick brand new?

I found the same issue as I'd originally used the stick as a secondary controller, I factory reset the stick and as primary controller Ztool was able to use it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X