Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debugging why a Yale Lock is not being discovered

Hello,

I have a new Z-Wave network module in my Yale Electronic deadbolt lock. I replaced the module because the old module was joined to another network that I replaced with my HomeSeer but forgot to remove. I factory reset the Yale and installed the new network module.

I had no problem with my Yale working with both an Almond+ and Wink2 network previously.

I moved the controller to be just a few feet away and I am trying to join the network using the Z-Tool+ on my phone, but it is failing to find the node. Is there any tool available that I can debug why the Z-Tool+ is failing to add the device? The Yale shows that the device is available to join a network (pressing #7 -> #1).

Thanks,
    Bryan

Does it have a fresh set of batteries? If not, put a fresh set in. Also try excluding it first from HS.

Originally posted by bryan View Post
    I replaced the module because the old module was joined to another network that I replaced with my HomeSeer but forgot to remove.
    You can exclude any z-wave device from any controller. They don't need to be on the same network.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Are you logging into the lock menu with the master password and then giving the lock the command to join the network?
      HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
      Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I tried fresh batteries. The only option on the Yale menu is #7 -> #1 (join the wireless network, so no option #3 to leave is available), and yes I am using the master password. Still no joy.

Comment

Try moving the lock farther away. One user reported this worked. My lock was installed when I included it, about 50 feet away with AC powered dimmer module between them.
          HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
          Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
          Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I am beginning to suspect that the Yale Lock itself might be the problem. After putting the new Z-Wave module into it, the whole lock beeped and then went dark. I had to remove the batteries and then it restarted and is at least working. The Z-Wave module is listed as being compatible with the door lock.

Comment

Do you still have the old module?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Should be able to exclude it with HS and then try adding it with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X